Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thinking About You

Actually, I HAVE been thinking about you (in no particular order) Patti, Sue, Pam, Jo, Michelle, and so many others. Please don't scratch me off your friendship list! I'll be around soon to visit, I promise!

Speaking of which, Marianne please email or call me so we can get together for lunch! I want to hear about your trip to Georgia and catch up. Love you! And you, too, Des! I'm missing you, my friend! When are you coming to town?

But I digress. I do that a lot, you know. (*wink*) Drives my husband crazy. 

For my third (yes, THIRD) post today, I present to you my card for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. We missed last week due to a flurry of activity for the Waltzingmouse Stamps July Release festivities. Have you received your new stamps yet? It was a bonzer of release with just about everything selling out! However, Claire got more stock in today so she's shipping out back orders as we speak.

Isn't this a great sketch? I love it...including the colors, obviously! (*wink*) My card features one of the new July stamp sets...Very Vintage Labels No. 2, plus a greeting from the Fancy Phrases stamp set. The cardstock is the new Poppy Parade In-Color from Stampin Up, and the coordinating DP from the Hostess Level 1 sampler pack. I stamped the label image in Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress Ink. I love those inks! They work really well with acrylic images.

I found the most fabulous supplier of wrinkled ribbon on Etsy called Prairie Bird Boutique. The price is very reasonable, and everything comes packaged so nicely. Plus the owner is just the sweetest person!

I hope you'll join us for this week's sketch challenge. You don't have to use Waltzingmouse Stamps images to play, but if you have them, why not show them some love? If you jump over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog you'll see the gorgeous creations by the design team ladies.

I also hope you'll scroll down for my Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Grand Opening and Sketch Saturday posts. There are treats in store!

Have a super weekend, my friends!

9 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

This is just so gorgeous! :)

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Lisa! Love that ribbon!

Alice said...

beautiful colors, Lisa! lovely!!

Patti J said...

You are so sweet! Love your card, dear friend - it's beatuiful!!! Hugs!

arlene said...

Such a simply stated elegant card. It's beautiful.

Cindy Haffner said...

Lisa this is so PRETTY!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love how you've used the crinkled seam tape! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Lisa! Love the gold frame & pretty ribbon!

Ren-Yi said...

this is absolutely gorgeous. you know -- the vintage edging on your pattern paper is just delightful. thanks for your inspirations, Lisa.