Saturday, June 20, 2009

Living the Life of Riley...

I'd sure like to be living the life of Riley right now... somewhere on a beach, lounging in a hammock, drinking a fruity cocktail... pure bliss! I have to admit that one of the things I do love about living in So Cal in the summer is the beach. There's nothing we enjoy more than to head down to Corona del Mar for the day. You can always find us because we are the people with the most stuff!!! {LOL} You gotta be ready for anything with tons of food, drink, sunscreen, umbrellas, beach towels, toys, boogie boards, chairs, magazines, etc. But it's like a mini vacation, so worth all the effort to get there and set up for the day.

Even better, of course, would be a trip to the Caribbean or Hawaii... or maybe even Florida to visit my sister. I hear the water is warmer there, and the sand is white... unlike our beaches, were the water is cold and the sand is brown. But it's beautiful, and the sound of the ocean waves, and the smell of the salty air are like heaven on earth to me. Oh Paul Honey, I have a great idea about how we should spend Father's Day tomorrow... ha!

Anyway, enough of that daydreaming. I was inspired to whip out my re-inkers and watercolor this Riley beach scene (Hammock Riley Moose). Just about everything you see is from Taylored Expressions Beach Bum Key Ingredients, except for the yellow cardstock, which is Crushed Curry, one of the new In-Colors from Stampin Up. And don't you love the sand? I used Brown Sugar Sparkly Fluff to give it that dimension and sparkle. I love it!

If you love Rileys like I love Rileys, you should click on over to Hanna Stamps. Oh Baby, you won't be disappointed. (Click on Unmounted Red Rubber Stamps and Wood Mounted Red Rubber Stamps in the side menu to find the Rileys.) And while you're there, check out the Hanna stamp sets. Now that I'm in the summer and water fun frame of mind, I might just have to get Ahoy Hanna, or maybe Fun in the Sun, or maybe both!!!

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today. I've been busy with my chores today, so not much time to blog surf, but I'll be by to visit you soon. Have a great rest of the weekend!


6 comments:

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

Riley looks so relaxed...wish I was on the beach with him. I love the background you added behind him and the sand is so clever. Super cute Lisa.

Debbie Pamment said...

Yuuummmmmm - cocktails by the beach - I'm there!!! How cute is this with the sparkly sand, and that expression is perfect!! I'm off to daydream of sunny summery days - only 5 months to go - LOL!!!!!
I love these Rileys but have been sooooo good about not adding to my growing list - have to put the stop sign up somewhere - at least for now ;)
Hope Paul has a fabulous Father's Day - we celebrate that in September here - just as well with Richard jetting off today again!
Lotsaluv and hugs
xXx

Patti J. said...

Your Riley is just too cute! I love what you did with the sand. Who makes the glittery brown flock? You know, I'd love some days on the beach too, but here's something really funny - today, it actually dawned on me that in about 10 days, I will NOT have to go to Wal-Mart on Saturday's!!! To me, that's almost as relaxing as Riley's sand and drink! Lol! Great card!

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW Lisa!! You sure have been busy and I {{LOVE}} the creations you are indulging us with.... FABALICIOUS!!

Riley is having a super time with his cocktail and enjoying his R&R!! The DP is so fun and cheery. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE to my fabulous blogging buddy... I LOVE Firefox!! There is spell check when commenting....... WOW'za! Love that option!! :) Remember the "LITTLE" things in life is what makes me happy! :)

Debbie Olson said...

Lisa, this Riley is just too cute--you did a fabulous job with him!

Vicki G said...

Gorgeous Card! Love the beach fluff and the colours!

Vicki