Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

And it was a happy day! As I mentioned in a previous post, my friend Susan and I were lucky enough to get two open spots at Marianne Walker's Copic Certification class at CHA Anaheim. Susan had never even touched a Copic marker before, and I think she is now sold on how wonderful they are. As for me, they already had me at "hello," but now I feel more comfortable with the markers and I have a better idea of what is possible with Copic. Now I just have to practice!

Marianne is the artist behind many of the Our Craft Lounge stamp sets, and she had the Pat the Dog sets available for us to try our newly acquired coloring skills. Now I'm in love with those sets, and I'm looking forward to see what new goodies OCL will release very soon.

This is one of the images I stamped and colored at the class. A big thanks to Vicki Garrett, who was kind enough to give me a few shading tips. Susan and I lucked out and got to sit with Vicki and Kristi Ferro, the owner of Hanna Stamps. They were both so sweet. They couldn't stay long, as they had to dash out to set up the Hanna booth, but we enjoyed chatting with them a bit and seeing some cute cards that Vicki had on hand. I believe a big release is coming up for Hanna, too! I saw some cute Rileys that day...

Here is a picture of the four of us:
















And here is a picture of me receiving my Copic Certificate from Marianne:











I am NOT photogenic, or maybe I'm just delusional about how I really look (yikes), but a bit of lipstick and a comb through my hair would have been a good idea. I guess I was too busy coloring and having fun to worry about my looks! {LOL}

Back to the card! I finally got a chance to play along with Taylor's Friday Cupcake Challenge this weekend.
The DP is Berry Sweet from K&Company. The card base is from the Taylored Expressions Valentine Key Ingredients kit, and the image mat is SU's Regal Rose. I punched the little butterflies out of the DP and made them into brads with SU's Build-a-Brad (love, love, love Build-a-Brad!). The ribbon is also from the Valentine Key Ingredients kit, which I understand is now sold out. And, of course, that's Pat the Dog from Our Craft Lounge (can you say CUTE!). This card makes me smile.

The weekend is coming to a close, and as usual it wasn't long enough. But if we lived our lives by weekends, it would be a very short life indeed! Enjoy your week, and I'll be back soon with more cards to share.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Super cute, Lisa! Wish I had gotten to meet you at CHA!

Vicki G said...

You look just great Lisa!!!!! Wow! Thanks for putting the pics on your blog, I snatched that one too!!!! hehe

Pat looks FABULOUS!!!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

Debbie Pamment said...

Hi Lisa - think you look fab! It's nice to see my cyber buddy looking happy and relaxed! We are all to worried about how we look in pictures!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your card - that stamp is too cute - and gorgeous ribbon and brads - boy I hope we get those brads!!!And one day I WILL try out copics - have to find some first!!! xXx

Stamp and Smile said...

First Lisa... I'm digging your new blog look girl!! I've been meaning to say something, but forgot on the last post... my minds going! LOL! I enjoy the background color and the banner is SO you!!! :)

Now your card is FABULOUS and yes, the coloring with Copics ROCKS! Lots of fun was had at the Certification class... lovely photos and good times!! I {{{Heart}}} your smile.... “Hugs” cyber friend!! :)

Unknown said...

Your card is brilliant so happy and cheery and you look lovely Lisa!!