Friday, January 30, 2009

A Very Special Blog Award

Where has the time gone? My goodness, I just realized that this awesome blog award was presented to me by my dear friend Michelle Yungbauer ten days ago. Yikes! I wish I could say I'd been taking an exotic vacation or doing something truly exciting, but no. I've just been living my ordinary life. Well, except for Copic Certification class, of course. And my Stamp Club... we started up again Wednesday night and had fun, fun, fun!

Anyhoo, I'm extra touched by this award because of its meaning, which I'm reprinting here:

"This is called The Proximity Award. These blogs believe and invest in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers, who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their awards”.

You see, to me, that is exactly what blogging is about... sharing and reaching out and making friends all over the world. Unless you're a world traveler, how else could you do that? And we all share a love for papercrafting, which makes us kindred spirits and natural friends right out the gate.

Without a doubt, I'd give this award to Michelle (my friend from Minnesota) because she is one of the most awesome, outgoing, friendly bloggers I know. But she was the one who sent this award to me (thanks again Michelle!). And I'd give one to Debbie (my friend from Australia), because she's all those things, too. But she already has this award. So, here are five others to whom I'm passing the torch:

Kristine Breach - Ink Something - Oregon
Claire Brennan - Waltzingmouse Makes - Ireland
Anna Wight - Sassy & Sweet Notes - Texas
Vicki Garrett - Summerthyme Studio - Canada
Tracy Simon - Tracy's Card Closet - Ohio

The best part of blogging to me is getting to know so many wonderful people... along with the awesome eye candy and inspiration, of course! I'm supposed to pick 8, but I checked a couple of others I had in mind and they already have this award, so I'm going to leave it as is for now. If I think of anyone else, I'll post it later.

Thanks for stopping by! There's more to come, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Thanx sooo much for your kind words Lisa - I appreciate your friendship and hope we'll share a laugh over a cup of coffee sometime.
Lotsaluv - Debbie xXx

Kristine said...

Oh, Lisa...thank you! I'm so touched by that and am so appreciative to have you as a bloggy friend! Thank you for passing this award on to me! Big Hugsxx

Stamp and Smile said...

Hi Lisa... Thanks for the kind words my FABULOUS cyber bud! I'm so sorry I haven’t posted my award from you as I plan to work on it tomorrow and hope to post really in the week. This week TOTALY got away on me! You ROCK!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Lisa - many, many thanks for thinking of me!! I am touched by your kindness.