Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve Eve and Happy Birthday Susan!

Christmas is almost here! I still have a few presents to wrap and meals to finish planning, but otherwise I am ready. I still haven't sent any Christmas cards, but maybe I still will. After all, better late than never, right?

Today is my BFF Susan's birthday... the day she catches back up to me. She loves to rub it in that she's 24 days younger than me. Ha! Susan is coffeeforme on SCS. Check out her awesome gallery!

Susan's mom is a quilter extraordinare and, although Susan never caught the quilting bug, she appreciates the art. So I pulled out my Quilter's Sampler Additions to make her birthday card. I was inspired by this card by Mish. She is one of my FAVORITE stampers. Her creativity and style never cease to amaze me. How clever to figure out that those quilt block stamps fit perfectly into one of the Men of Life Patterns! After stamping the images, I colored the flowers with my Copic marker and then used my Signo white gel pen to highlight the flower centers. The brad is one of the new SU decorative brads (LOVE!).

Happy Birthday Susan! You know I love ya!

Okay, back to my laundry and this and that. Thanks for stopping by, and Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

3 comments:

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

Hey girlfriend. Thanks for the nice birthday card...love it. Thanks for the "shout out" for my gallery too.

Here's to our final year before the next birthday with a "0" at the end!

Love Ya Bunches...Susan

Stamp and Smile said...

Merry Christmas Lisa!!! I'm hoping you are ready for it, or as ready as we'll be, right!!?? :) I got the snow on my blog from Shirley at Card Art, etc. Here is the direct link to get the info... so fun! I love it!!!! (http://cardartetc.blogspot.com/2008/12/beautiful-raks-snow-instructions.html)

LOVE your card!! The saying is so cute. PERFECTLY put together!!!! I have to get to bed, it's just about mid-night and we leave for a 3 hours drive in the early AM... Chat again soon Cyber friend!!!! :)

Lisa said...

Happy birthday Susan!!!!! Love the card Lis! Merry Christmas!!