Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finally, a New Card to Share!

Has anyone out there seen the lens cover to my camera? Anyone? No? Oh well. Thought I'd give it a try. I've even offered my kids a reward for its safe return, but apparently not enough to motivate anyone to look for it.

Hey there! Happy Holidays! And, yes, I'm still here despite my long absence from my blog. I still haven't made a single Christmas card. Just a few thank you cards with a winter theme, like this one. The really strange part is that even though I know Christmas is only four days away (less when you consider it's now nighttime), I'm not panicking. And, no, I'm not taking any drugs! {LOL} I think it's really because, one, I've had some other things on my mind lately, and, two, the downer in the economy has lowered everyone's expectations of the Festive Season this year. We are definitely downsizing this year, and I'm sure that's part of the reason the stress has been lifted from my shoulders. Either that, or I'm going senile. Probably a little of both! {LOL}

Anyway, I hope that wherever you are and whatever you're doing to mark the holidays, you are safe and sound and not too dreadfully affected by this bizarre and sorry state of national (and international) affairs that is affecting all of us.

The cardstock (Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red) and DP (Ski Slope) for this card is all by Stampin Up, as is the ribbon. I'm just loving Baja Breeze, aren't you? The stamp is by Papertrey Ink. This was definitely a quick and easy card, which is a good thing because I had several people to thank and I needed to get cards done quickly. I'll share my other design with you tomorrow. I can never seem to make very many of one design anymore. There are just too many possibilities and too little time!

Before I go, I just had to share this picture with you. My laundry has piled up on me again... it doesn't take much since I do laundry for six people, five of whom are male. I asked my youngest Avery to go collect it all for me yesterday and sort it out (this is one of his Saturday chores). He was being particularly whiney about it (not that I can blame him), and at one point I looked out and saw him laying on the pile with Molly. So funny! I can totally relate to that feeling of being overwhelmed and so NOT up to the task! It's the story of my life! {LOL}

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Stamp and Smile said...

Merry Christmas Lisa!!! I know what you mean about the economy this holiday season. I'm just not in the Christmas mode this year... and I’m sure that's why. But, we have snow... lots of it! The temp was -24 below zero this morning!!! All I can say is "Send some warm heat our way!!" LOL! Lovely card today!! I enjoy the colors and the yummy ribbon... I love Baja Breeze also. Blessed Holiday to you and your family!!! I hope your son achieved some of the laundry... He! Michelle :)