Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thoughts of You


What a nice sentiment that is... "thoughts of you." I was thinking the other day, as I read through a few blogs, that a recurrent theme is one of how busy life is. Many bloggers say things like, "this will be a short post because I'm out the door in a minute," or "I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but you wouldn't believe the week I've had," or "today I have this, that and the other thing to do, and I don't know how I'll ever squeeze it all in!" I've said similar things myself on my own blog!

I used to laugh to myself when other people would talk about how busy they were, (smugly) thinking that no one could possibly be busier than me. But I've since realized that it isn't a contest. We're all super busy. That's what life is all about in this fast-paced world we live in. All I need to concentrate on is achieving balance in my own life.

My husband accuses me of being the "complicator." I guess he's right... I (like so many others) tend to take on too much and become overwhelmed. I'm trying to dial it down a bit, and I'm making some progress. It's the guilt that gets me every time.

The thing I'm worried about right now is this: if you've read my bio (or know me personally), you know that not only do I love to stamp, but I also love to scrapbook and quilt. I've been neglecting the latter two hobbies for months now. What I'm trying to figure out is how I can squeeze those back in and still have time to stamp.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make about "thoughts of you" is that we all have special people in our lives (past and present) and sometimes we need to stop and remember them... and connect with them... let them know we are thinking of them. It's the "pause that refreshes" for both people!

This card is one of the two projects we did for Stamp Club this past month. I was giving the ladies a quick lesson in paper piecing. I love to paper piece, but it can be fiddly. Probably everyone already knows this, but the trick is to move the paper, not the scissors, while you cut. And to use good sharp small scissors. Stampin Up's Paper Snips are perfect for this.

Recipe:

Paper: Stampin Up (SU) Jersey Shore DSP, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White cardstock

Stamps: SU Just Celebrate

Ink: SU Basic Black

Accessories: SU Pumpkin Pie Striped grosgrain ribbon, bold brights brads, corner punch

I'm going to heed my own advice and call two old friends tomorrow... one who left a message for me three days ago, and I haven't called her back yet (shame on me!) and another I've been thinking a lot about lately, but haven't bothered to pick up the phone. She and I have been friends since 9th grade, and that's a long time!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: