Monday, June 30, 2008

Bowl Full of Cherries


I love this time of year for only one reason. Okay, two. One is because here in California, the fresh fruit is overflowing. Peaches, plums, nectarines, strawberries... and cherries! I love cherries, probably because I think of my mom when I see or eat them. I remember how much she loved cherries. It's the simplest memories of my mom that I treasure the most.

So when I saw this Lockhart Stamp Co. bowl of cherries stamp I had to grab it! It goes perfectly with this DP by Cosmo Cricket (Hello Sunshine). I colored the image with my Copic markers. For the bowl, I used my Colorless Blender to remove some of the dark color (BG78). I'm learning all about Copics by reading Marianne Walker's blog. I'm so grateful that she is teaching on line.

The Hello Sunshine DP already has the decorative edge at the bottom of each sheet, so I incorporated it into my card.

Recipe:

Paper: SU Real Red Cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Hello Sunshine DP

Stamp: Lockhart Stamp Co., greeting is by Stampin Up!

Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, SU Classic Black, Copic Markers R20, R29, YG95, BG78

Accessories: SU Stylized Silver HPH

Oh, and the second reason I like summer in California is because it's perfect beach weather. Not that I get to the beach as often as I'd like, but it is the best way to spend the day when the hot weather sets in.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

Love the cherries. I really like the little cherries on the arched border. Too cute.

Jenny Gropp said...

Love your layout. Fab card!