Friday, May 30, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to post much this week. This has been One of Those Weeks. I hate it when my work life interferes with my fun! LOL

I haven't had time to make anything new (I will do so over the weekend, though, so stay tuned), so I thought I'd share the two projects we did Wednesday night at my monthly Stamp Club meeting. First, here's a shout-out to my girls: Susan, Marianne, Kristi, Lorraine, Kathy, Stephanie, Amy, Danielle, Becky and Ramona! I wouldn't be able to keep up my demonstratorship without them. But, more importantly, they are my friends and I truly enjoy our time together. I'm turning them on to Splitcoaststampers, so hopefully you'll start seeing some of their creations in their own galleries. Susan has already started: Coffeeforme. I was so jazzed when she started posting (at first she said she was just going to look... ha!), but I told her that I'm tapping my fingers, waiting to see some new posts!

Anyway, one of the projects we did was this gift card holder:



I created this for the Try a New Technique Challenge #165 on SCS. I don't know about you, but I LOVE Starbucks. I give a lot of S-Bucks GCs to people... and love getting them myself (hint, hint), so I naturally gravitated toward the latte cup in the Pun Fun stamp set for this sample. We all give lots of GC's through the year, don't we? You can easily adapt this gift card holder to every occasion! All products used in this card are by Stampin Up! The recipe is in my gallery posting.


The other project we did was this card:




This was an opportunity for me to teach masking (for some, a refresher course). It's hard to see unless you click on the picture to see a larger view, but we added a bit of bling by glittering the berries in the branches behind the bird. The more I see this card, the more in love I am with this color combo. The recipe for this card can also be found in my gallery post.


Before I sign off for tonight and get started on my weekend chores (the never-ending list), I wanted to share with you a card my youngest son Avery made for my blog:



Isn't it cute?!? I'm so excited that Avery likes to stamp with me. The other boys tease him ("You're Mom's girl!"), but I tell them to put a sock in it... many of the great artists are men. Perhaps Avery will be the next stampinkub!

The recipe for Avery's card: the images are by My Favorite Things: Gone to the Dogs, although I think the paw print is from an Inkadinkado set. I did help him cut out the images, but he did everything else.

2 comments:

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

Lisa - These are such cute cards and they were fun to make at our last Stamp Club. Thanks for the "shout out" for Coffeeforme, you made my day. Thanks for being my Craft Mentor, you're the best.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, these are all so pretty! You have a wonderful eye for detail! I have to admit...the coffee card is my absolute favorite!! I, too, am a HUGE Starbucks fan!! :-)

Have a great weekend,
Laurie