Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SC177 - One Of A Kind Card and Soaps!


I made this card last night for the SCS Sketch Challenge #177. It looks so much brighter in person. I just can't seem to find the right time of day and spot to take good pictures. Hang in there with me.... I'll keep trying until I get it right!

For this card, I stamped the main flower image from the One of a Kind stamp set directly onto Western Sky DSP and cut them out. They are mounted with Dimensionals. I love the bit of bling from the Fire circle brads. The card stock is Ruby Red. All products are by Stampin Up!

So, does anyone else out there besides me watch the soaps? I've been watching soaps since I was a little girl, I think around 6th grade. That's when we returned to the US after spending three years overseas (two years in Spain and one year in Germany). My dad was given orders to Vietnam, and my mom chose to live that year near her sister in Tupelo, MS. That's my earliest memory of hanging out with my mom while she watched soaps, usually while doing house chores... or ironing. Isn't that what most women did back then, watched the soaps while ironing? Anyway, I remember her favorite at that time was General Hospital, with Jessie and Dr. Hardy and Audrey Hardy. She later became a huge fan of Young & Restless. I actually remember when that show started 35 years ago!

Along the way, I got hooked on the soaps, too. I had to give up on them for many years, though, because I just couldn't keep up with videotaping and watching them after work when my children were small. But a few years ago, along came a little thing called Soapnet, and I'm back in soap heaven, watching the ABC soaps (and occasionally Y&R) at night and on the weekends while I craft... and do laundry! I guess doing laundry makes me feel like I'm really accomplishing something constructive and not just wasting time. But is it really wasting time when you're having fun?

No comments: