Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wishing You a Wonderful Day

A blessed Transfiguration Sunday to you! This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Our challenge hostess this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is our very dear Chris Olsen. Chris chose as her inspiration scripture Isaiah 40:7 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever."  Her challenge is to use a stamped flower image on your card/project (note that patterned paper, embossing or paper flowers do no count as a stamped flower.)

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our Lord will stand forever. Everything here on earth is temporal my friends...the good and the bad. Which is why we should count our blessings when things are good... and count them again when they are bad... because all these things shall pass. But God's love for us is eternal. His word never falters. He always keeps his promises. Once we leave this world and enter into His kingdom, we'll have eternal life and be reunited with those who have passed before us. What joy that will be!

A brief word about my card... the image and greeting are from Hero Arts. After stamping the floral image in Deep Lagoon chalk ink (Colorbox), I covered it in Tim Holtz Distress Clear Crackle Paint. I think goofed it up because I got some bubbles and the crackle didn't break the way I thought it should. I'll have to try again. (Tip: don't wait until the last minute to make your challenge card so that you're too tired for a do-over if you mess up. lol) I made the flower using a running stitch on wide ribbon and pulling it tight.

I hope you'll join is this week at SSIC. Our sponsor is Clear Dollar Stamps, who is offering a $15 GC to spend on clear stamps. But the greatest reward is the fellowship. I urge you to visit the SSIC blog to see what the rest of our amazing design team has created with stamped flowers AND to visit each of their blogs. I truly believe you will be blessed.

I really do wish you a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Your project is wonderful Lisa. I just adore these colors together which are perfect for this field of flowers image. Your ribbon blossom is just divine. Thanks for mentioning how your created it. I'm definitely going to try this technique.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Becky said...

Fabulous card Lisa! Love the colors and I love that ribbon with polka dots.

Patti J said...

What a beautiful card, Lisa! Your colors are perfect together, and I love the flower!!!! As always, I get so much inspiration reading your words! Have a beautiful day, dear sister!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card and words of insight my friend. What a comfort to know that God is eternal. There is no worries about tomorrow when we understand this.

Your card is gorgeous with your ribbon flower and colors. So springy!!
hugs,
Chris
Have a blessed Sunday!

Miesje said...

What a pretty card and I really like that flowery ribbon touch to it! I certainly do not notice the goof-up at all! Looks perfect to me!

Grace said...

Beautiful card and beautiful words today Lisa!!! I love the crackle... it looks great! Love that deep color too! Hope you have a wonderful week my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Clare said...

Wow, these colors work really well together, LOVE the flower!!

Sparkplug17 said...

I heart your ribbon flower! So cute!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Lisa, this is one beautiful card!! I love the way your flowers came out and have to give this technique a try! Have a blessed week! Hugs, Sabrina

Kristine said...

Great card Lis! Love the green ribbon flower! Did you sew a line and pull the string to gather it into a circle? I've never done that, but it sure is cute! Anyway, glad to be back with you all in these Scripture challenges. Hugs!

Michele said...

Lisa, your card is very pretty! I love the color in the background....blue lagoon I think you said it was? Beautiful!! I still need to try out the crackle paint. I have it but haven't tried it yet. TFS

Thanks so much!!
Michele R.(CA)
LuvkittysFandF at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

MariLynn said...

Lisa, what a beautiful card. I love your stamped image. I like the ribbon flower too. I loved your reminder about the good and the bad times. It made me think of what a friend of mine said to me when we were in college. He said "As Christians, this life is as "Bad" as it is going to get, but for non-believers, this life is as "Good" as it is going to get."
I hope you have a blessed day today.

Helen said...

This card is beautiful! I LOVE that ribbon flower!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Lisa - I am loving your card - that image is gorgeous and I love the sound of the crackle paint....gorgeous ribbon - what an inspiration you are in so many ways! God bless you Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lisa this is lovely colour combo and the thoughts are just so beautiful my first time ever over on this challenge only just found it thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

Alice said...

love the ribbon flower! beautiful card, Lisa!