Saturday, January 8, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge

I'm a bit behind on some of my crafting this week because my husband and I are back in Arizona to get my MIL's MIL settled in assisted living. Thanks to angels on earth... Micky (hospital social worker) and Mark (elder care placement assistant)... we've found a very nice board and care place for E. She was transferred from hospital rehab to the care home yesterday. Poor old girl is really depressed. It's so hard on her. Let me tell you, growing VERY old is not for wimps. Be sure that you have lots of financial security so that you have lots of choices if you ever need care. This has truly been an eye-opener for me. Oh, and exercise every day so you won't have to rely so much on walkers and wheel chairs and folks to lift you around. I think I've finally found my motivation to make regular exercise a part of my daily routine. And here I thought it was only to lose weight.

Anyway, I couldn't play in this week's sketch challenge at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, but you can! It's a fun one... lots of possibilities here. Be sure to check the blog to see what the Mischief Makers and some of our DT ladies have created! Oh, and did I mention there's a prize up for grabs?

Have a fabby day! And please... go for a walk. You'll be glad you did! (*smile*)

Note: this is my third post for today. Please scroll down for Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps New Release Blog Hop and Sketch Saturday! Thanks!

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

Lisa - I hope everything works out for your MIL. It's tough when our parents start to become ill or frail. My mum had a stroke two years ago tomorrow - she's made a good recovery, but it's been hard. Sending you hugs x