Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Goodness gracious, is it really September already? I know we all feel it... time passes too quickly. And it seems to really start speeding up once September comes. I see folks counting down the days to Christmas on their blogs and I have to close my eyes! LOL

Today is a very special day. Not only is it time for another wonderful Sketch Saturday challenge, but it's my first post as Guest Designer for Meljen's Designs for the month of September! Meljens' images are ADORABLE, just my cup of tea!

My card features Lazy Susan Buggies, which is not only adorable but so much fun to color! Our sketch this week is by the wonderfully talented Jeanette Comerford, our hostess for this week's challenge at Sketch Saturday. You will LOVE working with this sketch!

The DP and chipboard accent are from the Togetherness collection by Cosmo Cricket, which I love love love!

I also followed Meljen's Designs Challenge #23, which is to use stripes. So fun!

I hope you'll join us for BOTH challenges. Be sure to stop by the Sketch Saturday blog and the Meljen's Designs Challenge blog for some amazing eye candy and inspiration!

Have a wonderful day, my friends... and for my US friends, a fun and SAFE Labor Day holiday weekend!


18 comments:

Susie said...

Hello, just needed to pop by your blog to say how much I love this card - I love the fresh colours and the image! Gorgeous! Susie x

Catherine said...

This is a gorgeous card Lisa ! Love that ribbon ! Smiles from Catherine

Kathy Martin said...

Oh wow! This is so pretty! Lots of work went into this littlel masterpiece! :)

Kristine said...

Love this card... LOVE that sketch!! How cute are those button holders?! and the netting stuff-- you always find the most unique things to add to your cards. LOVE IT! *Ü* Hope you enjoy your nice long weekend!

(are the boys back to school yet? My girls start this coming Wed.)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing :)

Julia Aston said...

What a fun sketch Lisa and I love your card! wonderful edges, colors and papers not to mention CUTE stamps! Congrats on the guest DT gig GF!!

Lenet said...

That's a fun sketch! let's see what I can do with it.
Love what you made with it.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card, love the lace that you have used too!

Dori Shelton said...

This is exquisite!! I absolutely love the image, your papers and coloring.

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Lisa! What a stunning card! You did an amazing job coloring those flowers & your stitching is out of this world!

Michele Gross said...

Really pretty Lisa!

Alice said...

congrats on being the GDT at Mel Jen's!!! wow!! fabulous coloring, Lisa!!! LOVE THIS!!

Lauretta See said...

First of all.. congrats on your GDT with us Lisa :) this card is stunning.. i love your coloring and all.. also Thank you for playing with us this week on the Meljens challenge. Hugs & Good luck!

Unknown said...

This is way pretty, Lisa! Congrats on the GDT spot!

Helen said...

Oh, Lisa, I love this card! It's so cute!

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Lovely colors and stitching! I love the ribbon and the buttons on top!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Stripes challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Jen Shults said...

Wow Lisa! This is just stunning! Your coloring on those flowers is just brilliant!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa!! Love it!!