Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh, Alice! Let the Adventure Begin!

CHAPTER ONE: DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE: THE BEGINNING...

"The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. "Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked. "Begin at the beginning," the King said gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."

ALICE GETS GLAM: INSPIRATION CHALLENGE

In anticipation of the upcoming Tim Burton remake of Alice in Wonderland, let's GET GLAM with Alice! Jessica (the Mad Hatter) recently scored this UBER fab makeup palette by Urban Decay and fell in love with the awesome colors, the NAMES of the eyeshadows (all after Alice, of course ;) and the pop-up mushroom mirror!

We wanna see how YOU get Glam using this amazing little piece as your inspiration! Show us your style, put on the glitz, and GET GLAM!

For my card, I focused on the caterpillar and some of the colors in the diorama of the make-up case. It's hard to tell unless you enlarge the photo, but the "drink me" bottle is discarded off to the bottom right, and the caterpillar smoking the hooka pipe is on top of the upper left mushroom.

This amazing image is by Sassy Studio Designs from the Adventures in Sassyland collection... a must have for all Alice fans! I, of course, had to get the entire set, so you'll be seeing lots of these fun images in future cards! The DP is from Basic Grey's Indian Summer collection, which was part of the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit for November 2009, and included those colorful skeleton leaves and rhinestones. Have I mentioned lately how wonderful TE Key Ingredients kits are? (*grin*)

The sketch is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #61, made square to accommodate the size of the image. I meant to do so much more with this card, but I ran out of time. I've truly been the white rabbit for the past week... running late, late, late! Pretend it's 10:01 pm Pacific, okay? {LOL}

I sure hope you'll come and play with us at Oh, Alice! WHAT would our first Challenge be without a PRIZE?! Normally we'll (hopefully) be sponsored on the 1st Saturday of each month, but for today's FIRST Fall Down the Rabbit Hole, we thought we'd give away a little something! ONE LUCKY WINNER will be chosen at Random to WIN a single stamp of their choice from THE GREETING FARM (in stock items only). So, GOOD LUCK and here's how to play:

You have until FRIDAY, February 26, 2010 at 10pm CST to upload your card or project using the above inspiration photo as your muse! Upload to your blog or public gallery (please use keyword OAC1) and LINK your name in Mr. Linky on the Oh, Alice! Challenge Blog! We can't WAIT to see your creations and THANK YOU for your support of this CURIOUS new venture!

Be sure to visit the rest of the Twisted 13 (and our Mad Hatter Jessica) to see what delights they have in store for you!

18 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

Wowza Lisa! How sexy is she... beautiful card. You matched colors perfectly! Wow wow wow!

Betty

Sammi said...

Awesome card Lisa!! Those Basic Grey papers are perfect!! :D Great image too! Love your work!
xxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Lisa, so beautiful and love your image.
Kristy x

NinaB said...

I don't think I've ever seen a sassier Alice. :-) I love the bright colors.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

I love, love, love this!!!!!!! Just fabulous!

Peggy said...

WOW! Love your beautiful image! And the DP just makes it pop!

Tasha said...

This is beautiful, fab BG papers and i love the image super fun and sassy
love tasha xx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous! I love these rich colors! Such a fun and whimsy image!
Have a wonderful weekend :)
hugs, margie

Jen Shults said...

This is just beautiful. I love love love these rich colors you picked and your amazing coloring. Just fantastic layout that really compliments that image so well!

Alice said...

wow! really pretty card! love the background!

Jessica Diedrich said...

GORGEOUS! Your coloring is beautiful and I'm lovin those leaves! This is just FAB and I'm so, so glad you're divin' down the Rabbit Hole w/ me! I was so excited about today and even w/ all the little challenges *lol* that came up I am just thrilled today was the day! Thanks for being a part of it!!

Mary Giles said...

Lisa this is soooo gorgeous!!! I love the rich colors and you colored this image up beautifully. Sassy and absolutely perfect.

Catherine said...

This is only sultry image! Love the colors you pulled from those rich & yummy Indian Summer papers! The gold stickles add just the right amount of glitz. (Thank you for pointing out and highlighting these details in the inspiration photo, because I never would have noticed them.) Fab job with the sketch, too! Gorgeous!

Scrapacat said...

Oh my! I just had to giggle. Long time Alice fans, you know. Love this card!
~ky

Anonymous said...

darling image and I love the leaves! great job!

Pam Varnell said...

This is just GORGEOUS Lisa. Love that image (yes I bought them all too, LOL) and your coloring is amazing. That Indian Summer paper is a perfect match for the inspiration piece. Love your card girl.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Lisa - this is AWESOME!!!! And of course I've been over to Sassy Stamps and LOVE the set - am holding off - for now - so STOP TEMPTING ME - LOL
xXx

Basement Stamper said...

Very elegant looking card, love that paper paired with that image!