Sunday, February 21, 2010

Life Changes... Have Faith

A blessed Sunday to you... the first Sunday in Lent! I love this Holy Season. I love going to the special church services on Wednesdays. I used to leave work go to the noon services... there weren't very many of us there, and most were older retired folks, but I loved it! It was a "pause that refreshes" right in the middle of the busy week. But now Avery wants to go to the Lenten services, too, so that means 7:00 pm. That's just fine with me. I'm glad he wants to go!

Today's scripture inspired challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is from lovely Laurie Gatton, who chose Esther 4:14 “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?” The challenge is to make a card or project using a time piece or in some way denoting time or the passage of time.

As a Christian, I no longer believe in coincidences. I truly believe God has a hand in everything, and that in His perfect time, things happen as they should. I look back on all the major changes in my life... lots of them were precipitated by really difficult circumstances... but in the fullness of time, I could see that they took me in new and better directions.

Change is hard because it's scary. Even when we're not particularly happy, "it's the devil we know." But life is full of changes. Rest in the knowledge that change happens for a reason, and it's a good reason. Listen with your heart to what God is telling you and keep your eyes open to where He's leading you. Life changes... have faith!

My card follows the Crazy 4 Challenges 25 sketch. I couldn't resist using the Penelope SEI paper again... it's perfect for the cuckoo clock stamp from the Folk Inspired stamp set by Unity. I have a particular fondness for Scandinavian cuckoo clocks since my husband and I spent part of our honeymoon in Solvang, a Danish village located in Central California.

I hope you'll pop over to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog and read what Laurie has to share about today's scripture... and to see the truly wonderful cards the Design Team has created. While you're at it, why not play along in the challenge? We'd love to have you!

Have a blessed day!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the green and red together! and I love cuckoo clocks we had one when I was very small but I especially appreciated your blog post, it seems very appropriate just now!!!

Laurie said...

Lisa, your card is beautiful. That dp is marvelous! Hugs, Laurie

Tasha said...

SO pretty Lisa! I love the image and how you have coloured it. The papers are gorgeous and ofsuch beautiful colours. Loving the buttons
love tasha xx

Vicki G said...

Lisa, this is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Hugs

Vicki

Kathy W. said...

Love your card Lisa. The cuckoo clock is beautiful, and the dp is awsome.

Brenda said...

This is so pretty, I love the cuckoo clock. What a great bright image!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Outstanding and thoughtful card today Lisa!

Angela Mclean said...

Hello, Lisa,
Especially loved your post today. See you at the Blog Hop tomorrow... got my link to you tested trillions of times!!!!
Hugs,
Angela xxx.

Kristine said...

Lisa, THIS is so adorable, from your wonderful stamps to that DP to sketch--it's all soooo CUTE!! Great job. Have a wonderful week. I'm getting excited to see you soon!! :)

Ceal said...

super cute great coloring and I love that design paper. Great job on the challenge

Debbie Pamment said...

OOOOh how adorable is that cuckoo clock in green - it looks AMAZING on the pinks - STUNNING job!
xXx

Alice said...

beautiful card, Lisa! very cute image!!

Joyce across the Pond said...

Lovely words and meaningful thoughts for all of us.

Joyce across the Pond said...

Sorry, meant to say lovely card and meaningful thoughts....etc....senior moment!

Helen said...

I love your dp and the bright colors of that adorable image! Awesome card!
Blessings!
~H

Patti J said...

Wow, Lisa! Whoever has made it to this blog entry is so blessed! Your card, with its beautiful, bright colors is a blessing in itself, but when I read your post, I was so touched! Thanks for being such a good blogging friend. Hugs! Love your card sweetie!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Totally needed to hear this. Your card is GORGEOUS, and your heart beautiful :) Thank you for being my friend!

patfi said...

questa card mi piace tantissimo!!!brava ciao betty

peggysue said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors you chose and the layout. I was fun to see two different uses of the same stamp and both are wonderful (the clock) and what a neat little tidbit you shared here, I have never heard of Solvang. Do you own a Scandinavian cuckoo clock?

theneon said...

Lisa, when I first saw this card and before I "clicked" on over here, all I could think about was that little birdie set upon the "Craft's Meow." This is a delightful card.