Thursday, January 14, 2010

Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Blog Hop!

Edited to add: I've switched out the pictures of my project since the original post. They are still not the best, but better than before. This is definitely one of those projects that looks better in real life!

When Taylor asked if I'd like to participate in a special blog hop featuring the latest Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Subscription Kit, I didn't have to think twice. Of course I would! As any of you who visit me know, I'm HUGE fan of TE Key Ingredients kits. They are my "secret weapon" when it comes to creating cards... everything I need to get started is right there, perfectly color coordinated and ready to go. I love Taylor's eye for design. She extends that to her kits, pulling together the most fabulous papers, ribbons and embellishments around!

The theme of our blog hop is the kitchen... anything to do with cooking or food. I must confess that I'm not much of a cook. The best thing I make for dinner is reservations (and I'm darn good at calling for take-out). In fact, my first thought was to make a decorative folder for all our take-out menus! Ha!

But I happen to have a friend who is as wild about cooking as I am about paper crafting. Her name is Laureen Pittman, and she has won many awards and prizes for cooking. Some of the highlights include being a finalist last year in the Pillsbury Bake-Off (and she is again this year), a contestant in the Ultimate Recipe Showdown on Food Network, and most recently a finalist in the Ocean Spray Ultimate Cranberry Recipe contest.

Laureen and I have been friends for nearly 20 years and I've long wanted to make something special for her. The blog hop theme got me thinking, and here's what I came up with... a recipe holder (of sorts) that features all of Laureen's award-winning recipes!

The vertical stand and page protectors were purchased from Taylored Expressions. Of course, this is still a work in progress... there was no way I could finish all of the pages in time for the blog hop... did I mention that Laureen has won MANY awards?... but you can definitely see where I'm going with this.

"Home for Dinner" is the name Laureen picked for her one-time catering business, and she told me that's what she'd name her cookbook.

This is one of the recipe cards...for Killer Baja Chili Rellenos Mariscos... one of the dishes Laureen cooked on the Ultimate Recipe Showdown. It's a rather long recipe, so continues on the reverse. I found a picture of a poblano chili on the web, printed it out in two sizes, cut them out and voila...a proper embellishment!


I plan to include photographs of Laureen at the various cooking events where her recipes were featured. This is more of a scrapbooking type of project, but it goes to show how versatile KI kits are... easily adaptable to either scrapbooking or card making... or any other papercrafting projects!

For my project, I'm mainly using ingredients from the January Key Ingredients Subscription Kit, which you can see on the BRAND NEW Key Ingredients website! Isn't it fun!? I LOVE the Gallery feature. What a great place to go for inspiration and a lot of great eye candy!

I've gotta tell ya, there's no better time to subscribe than now. You'll learn more on Taylor's blog, but highlights include:

* Limited Time Subscription Special. Purchase (or renew) a 6 month subscription on or before January 17th and receive a FREE Key Ingredients kit upon the completion of your 6 month subscription. This kit (a $23.95 value including shipping) will be an exclusive kit that will never be available in the TE Store!

* Beat the Price Increase. Increased shipping costs on both our shipments to you and the products we receive from manufacturers have forced us to increase the cost of our subscription. Prices will increase as of January 18th, to $23.95 per month for 6 month subscriptions and $25.95 per month for 3 month subscriptions. However, if you subscribe or renew by January 17th you’ll receive the current pricing of $21.95 per month for 6 months or $22.95 per month for 3 months. You can renew your subscription no matter how many months you have remaining on your current subscription. Your renewal will simply add 3 or 6 additional months. Remember you only get the FREE EXCLUSIVE KI with the 6 month option.

Another thing I LOVE about being a subscriber is that you get a chance to purchase extra items at a 10% discount (Hello!) AND have them sent with your kit at no extra shipping cost! I believe that links to other products in the store that coordinate well with that month's kit will appear on the new KI website. How cool is that?

Be sure to hop around and see all the other DELICIOUS things have been cooked up for your viewing pleasure:


Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. Have a YUMMY day!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, so cute and so quickly after your sickies. I guess it is like riding a bicycle.

Laura said...

You are such a sweetheart Lisa. Your friend is going to LOVE what you made for her. This is FABULOUS!!!

sunghee said...

Now I wanna get the vertical stand! Fabulous projects!!! Your recipe card look so beautiful, too! If I have that I would probably don't wanna cook but craft. Lovely!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Lisa, your friend is going to be thrilled with this wonderfully thoughtful gift. You did a fantastically awesome job.

MiamiKel said...

What a wonderful and blessed gift to receive from such a thoughtful friend! It's just as beautiful as can be and you've done a great job - it's darling! TFS!

Natalie said...

What a sweet friend you are!! She is going to love this. Love your idea and I can imagine how Laureen is going to react when she sees it!! This is so extremely thoughtful!! Beautiful job!

Patti J said...

You are so thoughtful! Your friend will love this! What a great idea - so glad that you are back among the crafting!

Jodi Collins said...

NO WAY! Lisa! This is AWESOME! I am POSITIVE that your friend is going to FLIP over this!! WOWSA! LOVE the bling and the FAB design on this! GORGEOUS girl!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh this is absolutely lovely Lisa!! I'm sure she's just going to LOVE it!

Debbie Pamment said...

What a perfect gift for a cook - and SUCH a thoughtful gift too - you're heart is as big as you my friend!
xXx

Alice said...

very lovely project, Lin!! you are such a sweet and thoughtful friend!! =)

Annette Bowes said...

Fantastic idea, will look fantastic in her kitchen, I am sure is going to be so pleased, hope you are feeling much better, take careX:)

Karen Giron said...

She will absolutely love this!! What a lovely and thoughtful gift!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Lisa this is just beautiful! Your friend will treasure such a thoughtful gift.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just awesome, Lisa! Your friend will LOVE it! Wonderful creation!

Anonymous said...

celebrity naked [url=http://sound.uni-dubna.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=226254&st=0&p=1508851&#entry1508851] nude sex scene[/url] Nakedcelebs

Anonymous said...

819 55 361


yoga for weight loss