Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lotus

Happy Wednesday!!! This week is flying by for me. I'm still trying to catch my breath after all the fun of CHA. I promise I'll get pictures up this weekend... I just haven't had time this week with one thing and another. It was definitely a dream come true, and one I hope to repeat again next year, with certain people along with me, eh Debbie, Michelle, Kristine, Patti and Des...and anyone else who wants to join us! The more the merrier!

This week, our hostess for La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge is my friend Kim Yu (love her!), and she challenged us to make a gift card holder. When Kim and I were at the Super Show on Saturday, we did a make-and-take at Our Craft Lounge that was...ta-da...a gift card holder. I told Kim right then that would be the pattern I'd use for my challenge card, and indeed I did!

Don't you just adore Lotus? She is one of the new releases from La-La Land Crafts this month. She appears to be sitting on the band that wraps around the gift card holder. I just couldn't resist placing that butterfly at her hand.

Here's a view of the inside, where you can see a Starbucks gift card peeking out of the slot. Fun!


I'm sorry I can't tell you what DP this is because it was a gift. But it sure goes perfectly with Lotus, don't you think?

I hope you'll play along in La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge this week... and click on over there to see all the great inspiration from our very talented design team. You can use any stamps of your choice, and there's always a prize up for grabs. There's no better time to start (or add to) your La-La Land Crafts stamp collection because it's buy three get one free through Saturday, so HURRY!

Thanks for stopping by, my friends. Have a blessed day!

15 comments:

NinaB said...

Okay, please don't take this as my asking for more stamps :-), but this girl really looks like my oldest daughter. It's like she posed for it or something. You colored her so well.

Julia Aston said...

what a sweet girl - love the colors and papers on this Lisa - and the little butterfly who just stopped by to sit with her! What a wonderful gift card for someone!

Kathy said...

Adorable Lisa!!! Love the colors/papers that you have used with beautiful Lotus!!
WOW your lucky girl ~ you got to go to CHA!!! One of these days maybe I will get to go to one!! Sounds like you had fun!!!
Have a great rest to your week!
:)Kathy

Becky said...

What a beautiful image, and you colored her so well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa - love your gift card w/Lotus! I just love the earthy colors you used to color her and the papers...great taste! How cool that she is on the band and the butterfly is just the right bling!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

Lisa - your colouring is just perfection - beautifully done, and what a fab wee gift card holder!!

Kristine said...

LOVE Lotus and you colored her so pretty =) Great job with this GC and love that butterfly too! How fun that you got to do make-n-takes! That would've been sooo awesome! *Ü*

Alice said...

love your coloring on this, Lisa! just beautiful!

Sue from Oregon said...

Welcome home! Fun creation today!
Saw a pic of you at CHA on someone's blog...maybe Kristin? Hope you had a great time!!!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

I always love these stamps that look like they are sitting! I don't own any but it is on my wish list that is ever growing! You did a FANTASTIC job with this! By the way, I also have an award for you on my blog!
And thanks for the lovely comments you leave me...your super sweet!
-Stacie

Shelly said...

I love your gift card holder, Lisa. It's beautiful! Lotus is so pretty.

I'm looking forward to hearing about CHA.

Chat Noir said...

What on earth was that post before mine?? Somehow I dont think "they" were very crafty souls do you??

Love the colouring Lisa, and the different way you made the holder. I love these as a way to personalise the store-bought ones. Off to try it out...

lots of love

Debbie Pamment said...

Sensational gift card holder Lisa - but then do you do anything else??? You do soooo well with these gorgeous gals - you tempt me eacg and every time!!!
And talk about tempting - how I would LOVE to go to CHA with you....what a fun fun time we could have, can they bring it to Melbourne sometime?!?!?!
xXx

Stamp and Smile said...

Beauty of a gift card Lisa! And very classy... she's a doll! The butterfly is so delicately place, and that DP is fun!! I would LOVE to be at the CHA next year with you, Debbie, etc.... That would be FAB!!!

Getting ready to watch the Grammy Awards tonight, also with my lap top... get my inspirations MOVING!! :)

Irina Blount said...

I absolutely love this one, Lisa!!! Lotus looks oh so lovely sitting on the band and that butterfly adds a very sweet touch!! Great choice of paper too!!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina