Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Make A Wish!

When my friend and La-La Land Crafts Design Teammate Kim Yu issued La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge to make anything but a card, I had to admit this was really a challenge for me. I don't often make other than cards (except for scrapbook pages). Plus I'm a bit distracted right now with Christmas prep, so I started overthinking it. Do you ever do that?

Enter the new Birthday Calendar download from Taylored Expressions and some inspiration from my idol Jodi Collins, and voila! The lightbulb turned on!

My birthday book is still a work in progress. I pulled out my OLD Zutter Bind-It-All... one of those gizmos I HAD to have and NEVER used until today. I have no idea how many years it sat on the shelf, but I do know I had to blow off the dust and that Zutter now has a version 2. I had to go on line and watch the videos to figure out how to work the darn thing. Of course, I messed up on my first try, but then finally got the hang of it. Trouble is, my wire ring is too big and I didn't have time to run to my LSS to get a smaller size. But I'll go soon and replace this one so that the book opens and closes properly.

The inside pages are also still in progress, but here's a sample. I'm planning to decorate each page with a rub-on. The DP (and rub-ons) are from SEI. Fairy Lala is colored with Copics. I glittered up her wings and wand with my atYou Spica and Sakura glitter pens.

So, did you all have fun on the Fairy Tale Blog Hop this past week? I sure did. My Design Teammates pulled out all the stops to show Princess Rosie in all her glory! I can't wait to see who wins the big blog candy prize.

You might recall that I had a little blog candy opportunity on my Fairy Tale Blog Hop post. I used Random.org to draw the winning number, which is 47: Gini Cagle aka Beadz. Congratulations Gini!!! As soon as I hear from you with your snail mail address, I'll get Sweet Rosie in the mail to you!

I hope you'll join us in this week's challenge at La-La Land Crafts. Remember, you can use any stamps you want, and there's always a prize up for grabs. We'd love to have you!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Fun and so sweet.

Becky said...

how adorable, and with such lovely green hair :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh how CUTE! LOVE the hair, and the DP and bling on the cover is totally up my alley! This is SO pretty, Lisa!!!

Unknown said...

This is a great notebook, Lisa! You have colored Fairy Lala beautifully! Love her green hair!! Awesome!

Julia Aston said...

what a great little journal - that fairy is just so sweet with her big eyes and silvery wings!

Patti J said...

You really DID do a non-card! And what a useful and fun project!!! I love it! Great job, Lisa! TFS... Hmmm....have I mentioned how much fun it is NOT working?

1LuvnMama said...

Quite sassy with that green hair! I luv it though. Works with the DP! Did great with the notebook. I just took mine out to do a project; it was collecting dust under my bed! :) Merry Christmas Lisa!

Alice said...

oh! awesome project! love the cute cover!

Stamp and Smile said...

I'm still here surfing your super cute posts this past week that I missed... LOL! Such an outstanding birthday book, and your photo's are so clear! Did you get a new camera or new software for editing??? Or you took some classes on taking photo's... give me tips! Ha... :)

Have a VERY MERRY "CHERRY" CHRISTMAS Lisa!! Wishing you and your family a happy and safe New Year!

Hugs my friend... Michelle :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job - LURVE the funky green hair!!
xXx

KellyW said...

Love this!! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly