Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inky Impressions and Challenge for a Sunday Afternoon

Happy Sunday! My friend Kristine is a Design Team member for Inky Impressions, a fairly new stamp company that makes these adorable images called Lili and Angelica. They are so darn cute!!! I just LOVE all the great cards and projects I've seen Kristine make with these images, so I had to give them a try.

Lili and Angelica are colored with my Copics. I drew a "thinking bubble" around Lili's face with a Sharpie and cut it out. Angelica is thinking of her good friend Lili and missing her terribly!

The DP is from the Early Bird collection by Cosmo Cricket (love, love, love!). The cardstock is Summer Sunrise from Papertrey Ink, and Basic Black and Kiwi Kiss (retired) from Stampin Up. I used my Marvy flower punches and then crinkled the paper before fastening them together with a Stampin Up Build-a-Brad. I also used my black Sharpie to create the "border" for the Hodgepodge Hardware label holder.

I thought it was fun making a "thinking bubble" card, and I can think of lots of combinations of stamps you could use to create the same sort of card. So, for today's Challenge for a Sunday Afternoon, I'm challenging you to make a "thinking bubble" card. Use Mister Linky below to link your card to this post. The deadline is Saturday, August 8th at 10:00 pm PST (GMT -8).



The prize up for grabs for this week's winner is a Basic Grey June Bug 6 x 6 paper pad! Everyone is welcome to play!

And, finally, without further ado, the winner of last week's Challenge for a Sunday afternoon is Sarah! Be sure to scroll down in her blog to July 29th's post to see her cute card. Sarah, please email me your address and I'll post your prize directly! (My email is on the left sidebar of my blog.)

I sincerely thank each of you who played last week, and I hope to see more participate this week. I don't mind at all if you combine my challenge with another (or others), as I know there are so many to choose from.

Have a fun rest of the day, and I'll be back soon with another Inky Impressions project to share.

5 comments:

Patti J. said...

Hi Lisa! Your card's adorable! I think these images are darling! Your thought bubble idea is so much fun! You are so creative... Great challenge! It's one I simply MUST make time for!!! Very well done!

Kristine said...

Oh Lisa...this is FABULOUS!! I just LOOOOVE your thinking bubble idea (Brilliant!!) and your super cute papers and flowers...sharpie magic and all! :) Super terrific card...I'm soo proud of you girl! You did these little girls proud as well and Nicole will FLIP when she sees this cutie!!

Lee said...

Awwww!!! This is the sweetest layout with the thought bubble of her friend!!!

Stamp and Smile said...

What an adorable card Lisa! I'm so in AWWW over it and this is me thinking of you! :) Fantastic elements and the DP's just ROCK-O-LICOUS!! I'll have to think of something for a "Thinking Bubble"! This is a challenge for me... LOL!

A big con'grats to Sarah for this week’s winner! I'm in my craft room right now getting ready to make a card.... surfing on the lap top. I'm inspired girly... and thanks so much for the e-mail this weekend! Back at you soon... after my hubby is off the main computer! SMILES... Michelle :)

Cat said...

Such a cute idea! How did you ever "think" of it? lol Your card is adorable!