Sunday, August 9, 2009

Elephant Dreams

It's been much too long since I've given my (many) Stampin Up stamps some love. I'm an avid follower of Mary Fish, Stampin Up Demonstrator extraordinaire. Mary is a VERY successful demonstrator and devotes her blog ONLY to Stampin Up images and products. If you're ever looking for some great ideas using Stampin Up products and/or want to know the latest and greatest news in the Stampin Up world, Mary's your gal!

Mary calls her downline her "Stampin Pretty Pals," and they've come up with a weekly challenge blog called Pals Paper Arts using primarily Stampin Up products. I think this is a great idea, and I'm determined to play weekly if at all possible. I am, after all, a Stampin Up demonstrator and I, like so many others, got into this crazy wonderful world of stamping through SU.

I missed the first challenge, but the second is a sketch challenge. My card uses that cute new set Animal Stories and the coordinating DP Tall Tales. I LOVE them both!!! The cardstock base and ink are Old Olive, and the button is Summer Sun, tied with a bit of hemp. Simple and fun! I can't wait to ink up the rest of the animals in this set.

There's still time for you to play! The deadline for this sketch challenge is Tuesday, August 11th at noon CST (GMT -6). But if you miss this one, be sure to jump in for the next. I can't wait to see what it is!

Thanks for stopping by my friends. Have a wonderful day/evening/morning wherever you are in this big world!

12 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I am so glad that you could play with us this week, Lisa! I love these colors together! Just a perfect interpretation of the sketch! Hopefully you can join us next week for our first inspiration challenge!

Patti MacLeith said...

Very nice, Lisa! Thanks for playing at PPA! Come back soon.

Margaret Moody said...

I really love your card, Lisa! Great job with the sketch! I love your choice of colors and the DSP you used! I love too how you featured the elephant! Thanks for playing along in PPA's first sketch challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

Very cute card - and I love your jumping cat under your signature!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh darling stamp, paper and card!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Aww, Lisa... your card is AMAZING!! I'm so loving the DP and that yummy button is perfect! You nailed this sketch challenge... TFS!!

Mary Fish has amazing cards, ideas, right up on the the SU! news and gets the info out to her followers.... Time for bedding by! Good night girly... SMILES!!! :)

Debbie Pamment said...

What a gorgeous card - oh how I wish we were already in line with you guys and SU - you guys have such great cards and DPs - of course the way talented people like you put them together really shows them off!
xXx

Patti J. said...

Awww...what a cutie!!! Great card, dear friend!!

Cat said...

What a cute card! I love the colors, and I like the way you used the pattern in the paper to make the tree. The pop dots really add dimension and add just the right touch.

Pals Paper Arts said...

Your raised elephant is adorable.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ the PPA!

Sandy said...

What a fun card!!!! I like it!

Kimmi said...

Hi Lisa.

Thanks for popping by my blog. I've been meaning to have a nosey over here since Irina announced the DT :D Will have to do it sometime tomorrow cos its now gone 1am :O and I am a little tired hehe.

Love this card. That little elephant is just adorable. Kinda reminds me of Jungle Book for some reason. Lovely papers and fabulous layout taken from the Sketch!

Catch you soon..

Kimmi

p.s. I am feeling top of the world. Just waiting to hear from work r.e. going back. Hope its soon. I have an estimated time for going back which is Mid September so I'd like to aim for that and not go over! Will be hard after being off work for over a year :S I guess that's what having a life threatening illness will do, I guess I am extremely lucky and someone is watching out for me :D

xx