Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Club Anya VSN!

Those of you who visit my blog often know that I'm particularly keen on The Greeting Farm stamps... especially the Anyas and the Ians. They are so cute and sooooo much fun to color! Well, tonight, Club Anya is hosting a Virtual Stamp Night. They posted the challenges ahead of time, thank goodness, or I would have been hard pressed to play. I'm not good at speed stamping!

One of the three is a sketch challenge. When I saw the two ovals, the first thing I thought of was to pair Hula Anya with Hope and Grace Sing. They are perfect together! And since it's summer time... and vacation time... who wouldn't want to be relaxing in Hawaii at a luau? I would definitely be doing the happy (hula) dance if it were me! {LOL}

The cardstock and DP comes from a Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit. The surfboard and starfish are K&Company (I changed the color of the flowers with a Copic marker). I finished off my card with four Dew Drops. The greeting is from Gina K.

Another challenge was to, "Create your best disco, retro, psychadelic, or "trippy" card." Well, I confess that in the 60's, I was a mere child... and we spent most of the 60's overseas (my dad was in the Air Force). But the 70's I definitely do remember, and are what I refer to as my "ill spent youth." I won't say more on that subject. (*grin*)

I naturally thought of Hope and Grace Peace for this card. Again, the cardstock and DP are from a Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit (I just love those kits... they come with so many wonderful, coordinated goodies, it makes it super easy to put a card together).

For this card, I played with the 7/11 SFYTT sketch. Fun! I cut out part of a Prima crystals swirl for the "circle" element. I also used my atYou Spica pens to add a bit of sparkle to the peace sign and center of the flowers on her hairband.

I just love this image. I can't help but think of my friend Susan's sweet daughter Lauren when I see it. Lauren is crazy about peace signs.

Okay, I'm off to check in on the Club Anya VSN festivities, and also the Papertrey Ink release party. I'm in stamp release heaven right now!!!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! Have a great evening.

9 comments:

Amy Sisson said...

I'm in love with the Anya stamps too. I love the way you put the two together on that first card!

Patti J. said...

Love both of these Lisa! I have the little Peace stamp, and I think it is just too cute! Great job, my friend!

Sara said...

Both of the cards are too, too cute Lisa! They couldn't be more perfect for this time of year! I especially love the colors and the dew drops on the second card -- they just add to the card all the more! As always -- great work and thanks for the inspiration!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Awww Lisa, this are Fabuloso my dear friend!! And it's all because of you and cards like these that I have more Anya's on order - LOL.
I was just trying to imagine how extra messy I would be if I had to speed stamp as well - doesn't bear thinking about - LOL.

Enjoy your VSN - I'm sure you will!!! I'm soo far behind this week or I may have played along too!

Lotsaluv
xXx

Kristine said...

BEAUTIFUL job Lisa!! Your coloring is just fantabulous, and those sketches are really great too!! The peace girl is my fave of all the Greeting Farm Anyas that I've seen so far. Love that swirl BLING! :) Hope you're having a lovely week?? Hope you're not frying like me!?? It was a whopping 94 degrees here today, so I'm sure So.Cal was hotter. EEEEKS!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my goodness I love your TGF cards, so darling.

Stamp and Smile said...

Love the hula girls doing the "Happy Dance!!"... very cheery colors and awesome take on the sketch challenge... 100% Fabaliciousness!

And your 2nd card is "breath taking"!! That cool DP's sure works well with this cutie patootie girl! You color so well and the 3-D effect is a great detail. Your flower matches perfectly and the BLING... ROCKS! Hope you are feeling better Lisa!! SMILES... and hugs! :)

Anonymous said...

Discovered your blog while blog hopping.....so glad I did.....Abby:)

Lorie said...

Hi Lisa! Your TGF card is adorable! I love their stamps and sadly only have a few. I need to rectify that situation as soon as possible! :-) Have a great day!!

Lorie