Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stamp TV Sketch Challenge

Have you checked out Stamp TV with Gina K Designs yet? If you haven't, you'd better head over there and watch her videos. Although I've heard of and/or tried most of the techniques before, seeing her demonstrations reminds me of what fun they are and inspire me to try them again. The old becomes new again! Plus, I think Gina K is one of the sweetest people out there in stamping land.

They also post challenges on Stamp TV, so I thought I'd give the Thursday 3/26 Sketch Challenge a try. My version turns the sketch sideways.

One of the techniques Gina teaches on Stamp TV is Coloring with Odorless Mineral Spirits. I've been so wrapped up in my Copics, that I hadn't touched another coloring medium in ages. It was fun to get out the Prisma pencils and OMS and give this a try. I used the same stamped image as does Gina in her videos, which comes from the Stamp TV Floral Frenzy Kit. It was easy to follow along with Gina's instructions to get the technique flowing again. It's fun! I'm going to have to use my pencils more often.

My card uses Gina K's new base weight Chocolate Kiss paper (a few sheets come in the kit), and one of the green layering cardstock pieces and sheer vanilla ribbon that also come in the kit. However, the DP is Die Cuts With a View called Once Upon a Time. That glittery corner was serendipity!

While I was at it, I made a second card with this image just for fun. Everything here is from the kit except the brads, which are from SU (More Mustard). I also tried the double layering trick that Gina uses so often, and I love it!I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. And don't forget to support the Non-Raffle for the Victorian Bushfires Appeal!

Question of the day: If you were able to master a talent that you don't already have, what would it be?

For me it would be to play the piano. Oh how I wish I could sit down and play anything I wanted!

3 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Lisa - these irises are gorgeous!! I too love that double layer look - must try it - and looks like I'll be spending time watching Gina K videos too - Think I'll have the laptop permanently attached soon - LOL...
Now for something I'd like to master - hmmmm - figure skating like my daughter - she makes it look so effortless but I look like I'm drunk when I'm on the ice - LOL

Stamp and Smile said...

OMGosh Lisa!! You sure did get some BEAUTIFUL cards made over your long weekend... :) I love the coloring and the DP's, let’s say WOW'za!!! So rich and the colors just pop. You always amaze me with such fresh ideas and talent. :)

Let's see, a new talent to master for me would be to dance gracefully as I have 2 left feet!! Ha.. :) Another talent would be to color stamped images well... with water coloring, blending and Copics! (I've been looking more into them!) Hugs Lisa!! :)

Lee said...

Oh my WOW!!!! These are soooo beautiful!!! I know I love Stamp TV too....especially since I'm a moderator there!!! LOL I'll to find you there and add you as my friend!!