Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Reasons for My Blogging Absence

The day after our trip to the zoo began the countdown to the Shopping Extravaganza I mentioned in this previous blog entry. Although I had done quite a bit of preparation already, there were things to do every day until the big day arrived, which left no time for stamping.

The boutique was held November 7 and 8th at The Grove church. We were one of about 40 vendors. Ours was an eclectic mix of things. Susan's mom Nita sold many of her beautiful quilted items... mostly table runners and the coolest coffee cuffs, which you can sort of see in this picture. She had assortments of Christmas and everyday designs, all quilted. Nita was definitely the top seller in our group that day! Everyone (including me, who bought a tree skirt from her, plus four coffee cuffs) loved her quilts.
























My friend Lisa had an awesome array of hair bands and clips for girls. She is sooooo talented... I drooled over the assortment. It was like the most delicious eye candy, which makes her etsy store name Ribbon Confections all the more appropriate!

You definitely need to hop over to her etsy store and do some shopping for the little girls in your life! Also, for us paper crafters, she is de-stashing a bunch of cool ribbon (believe me, I bought several!), so don't miss this opportunity to add some truly unique ribbon to your stash!

As for me, I managed to de-stash some scrapbooking and stamping stuff, but I have tons more. I'll probably try to sell the rest on eBay, but I'm going to wait until after the holidays. There's just too much going on right now. We did have fun, and enjoyed doing some shopping (or at least I did!), but it was a very light crowd and not much spent this year, a sad sign of the times. I talked to other vendors who said they'd never seen such slow sales in all the years they'd been participating. I pray we start to see some economic relief soon.

I'll end today's post with this picture of the four of us Pink Shirted Ladies. I appreciate that Susan, Nita and Lisa forgave me for this bright idea! That's Susan and her mom Nita behind me and Lisa to the right.

I promise I'll share at least one card, maybe two, in my next post. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such an array of beautiful things...wish I could have been there to look in person! It looks like you all had a wonderful time together too!!

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

Hee Hee...those silly pink shirts!