Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Belated Dare To Get Dirty Challenge Cards

Yay, hurray, my computer is fixed! And I must say, it works better than ever. I think there was more junk creeping around in my computer than I thought. And, guess what. They said that I get the award for the dirtiest computer they have ever seen! Yes, I'm so proud. What an honor! The guy asked me if I'd ever watched the old TV version of Star Trek. Of course, I have (which dates me). He said that when they opened up my computer, it looked like it had been attacked by Trebbles!

Really, I'm totally ashamed of myself. I knew that I needed to get down on my hands and knees and clean it, vacuum around the cords and such, but I kept putting it off. I'm lucky that the virus got me... if it hadn't, and I hadn't taken my computer in, it's quite likely I would have burned up my hard drive. The good Lord is definitely looking out for me! I'm turning over a new leaf when it comes to computer care and maintenance.

Anyhoo, I can finally post the rest of the cards I managed to finish for the Dare to Get Dirty 08 Challenge. I don't have time to post all of them tonight... I'll post more tomorrow.

This first card is one of my favorites. This was in response to Christine's challenge to use a watercoloring technique. I chose reinkers and my paint brush. I hadn't watercolored in awhile and was reminded how much I enjoy it. The key is to use watercolor paper... and don't get your brush too wet. I always dab off on a papertowel before going to the paper, but I still get "bleeds" every now and then.

Recipe:

Stamps: image is by PennyBlack; greeting is by Inkadinkado

Paper: SU Certainly Celery and Baja Breeze cardstock, watercolor paper, Certainly Celery DSP

Ink: SU reinkers... I mainly used the new colors, plus Going Grey and Blush Blossom. I forgot to write them all down... sorry!

Accessories: Prima flowers; SU brad


This card was in response to Jenn's inspiration challenge... a black and white cake tied with a green and yellow bow. It's hard to see in this photo, but I brayered a piece of glossy white cardstock with Certainly Celery and So Saffron inks... sort of a gradual fade from green to yellow...and then embossed the image over it using Versamark and black embossing powder. The greeting was stamped and then punched out with the large oval punch, and then mounted with Dimensionals. This was one of my projects for July's stamp club, to give the ladies a chance to try a brayering technique.

Recipe:

Stamps: Stampin Up Fresh Cuts

Paper: SU Basic Black, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and Glossy White cardstock

Ink: So Saffron and Certainly Celery, Versamark

Accessories: large oval punch, black embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by! Check again tomorrow for more belated challenge cards. And stay tuned for Blog Candy. I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments: