Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Lou!

Today was my sweet sister Linda's birthday. I call her Lou. My mom used to call her Lou, I think from Linda Lou, even though that's not her middle name. Anyway, my sister is one of my best friends. We have a LOT of history together. She lived with me a time or two, and I was her coach when she gave birth to Dylan 17+ years ago. I wish we lived closer together so that we can see each other more often. Thank goodness for email!

I know we don't look anything alike. That's because Kim and I are adopted. Linda always hated it when I'd explain that... she figured it was no one's business...but I always felt an explanation was in order! It truly doesn't matter. My sisters and brother are my sisters and brother... period. And, of course, my parents are my parents... period. I'll have to tell the story sometime, though, of how I found my birth mother and what an impact it had on me.

Anyway, I just got finished packing up a lot of boxes (thanks to all who have bought some stamps from me on eBay!), sending invoices for more sales, cleaning out my email, and browsing a few blogs. As tired as I am, I thought I'd share a quick card with you.

I love The Apron Book by EllynAnne Geisel, so I couldn't resist this stamp from Lockhart Stamp Co. I paper pieced the apron using the same papers I used for my Bowl Full of Cherries card. The dish towel and ties were colored with Copic markers. The cherry in the circle is from the Hero Arts Cupcake set.

Recipe:

Paper: Hello Sunshine DP by Cosmo Cricket, Real Red and Basic Black cardstock by Stampin Up!

Stamps: Lockhart Stamp Co., cherry is by Hero Arts, dots in the circle is from Think Happy Thoughts by Stampin Up!

Ink: SU Basic Black, Copic Markers

Accessories: Black brads

Okay, I'd better get to bed before I pass out. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: