Saturday, July 12, 2008

Get Well Soon



I actually sent this card to a friend who has been under the weather recently, but it could apply to little ole me. I just had a minor surgery on Thursday afternoon... a female issue... no details required (LOL)... and I'm still feeling a little punky, but much better than yesterday. It always takes a few days to recover after going under general anesthesia. That is the wierdest feeling... a complete loss of time. Anyway, I'm glad to say the procedure was declared a success, and I'm very happy to have that behind me!

I'm anxious to get back to stamping, especially since my Stampin Up order of the new colors and preview stamps arrived on Thursday. They have been patiently awaiting my recovery so that I can start playing!

Let me tell you, the new colors are WONDERFUL, much better than I imagined. Plus, there's a new scallop edge punch... right on! And cool new buttons... you won't believe how cute they are. And the stamp sets... all I can say is WOW! We have a lot to look forward to when the new catalog comes out.

For this card, I paper pieced the bedding and even the table top. A strip of paper served as my "ribbon," which I ran through a HPH slide. Don't forget that the HPH is retiring on August 10th, as are this year's In Color and (I'm pretty sure) anything that coordinates with those colors. While the new colors being introduced in August are great, so are the current ones. I especially love Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Groovy Guava.

Recipe:

Paper: SU Porcelain Prints DSP, River Rock and Blue Bayou cardstock

Stamps: Morningstar

Ink: Basic Black

Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware

I've been up for a little too long, I think, so I'm going to go lay down for awhile, and then I'm going to dig into my new SU goodies, so stay tuned!

No comments: