Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miss Garcia

Hello everyone! Today is the release of a brand new digi image set by the fabulous LORi Boyd for Claudia & Company! This one is called Sugar Stick Teacher Set. This cutie teacher image comes with several accessories, three of which you see in my card.

My sweet friend Alicia Garcia is a teacher, so I couldn't resist personalizing this card for her. I used Photoshop Elements to color in the chalkboard, and then set the text color to white to write her name on the board. Of course, who uses chalkboards anymore? I think they have gone the way of the dodo bird in favor of white boards and smart boards. Too bad because I LOVED writing on chalkboards when I was a child. In fact, I wanted to be a teacher just so I could write on a chalkboard. The one and only time I ever got sent to the principal's office was because I kept writing on the chalkboard when the teacher told me to stop! LOL!!!

Anyway, this is just such a fun set... I know you'll love it, too!

The DP and cardstock stickers are from the Report Card collection by October Afternoon. I also played with Card Patterns Sketch 77.

Please be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Claudia & Company Design Team have come up with using this cute set!

Mary Giles
Sheri Gilson
Tracy Clemente
and LORi Boyd herself!

Have a great day!

P.S. Don't forget... there's still time to play in the Claudia & Company challenge!

8 comments:

Alice said...

this is so sweet, Lisa! adorable card!

Tracy said...

Sooooooooooooooo cute Lisa!! You are a genius crafter. I love yoru work.

Hugs,
Tracy

Danni said...

Love your card! Perfect paper and embellies with that sweet image!

I love chalkboards too..I was so sad to see them leave the classrooms..sigh...thank goodness for sidewalk chalk with the kids..heheh!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute, Lisa!! Love how you personalized the little chalk board!!

papertrails leaver said...

what a precious card! I like the stick figure!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful coloring Lisa! Fabulous job with her skin tones!

Alicia Garcia said...

Aw! ,Miss Garcia gives it an A+!
That is just too cute, Lisa and LOVE how you were able to personalize it with Photoshop!
I need some schooling on Photoshop. :)

Amy said...

Oh, Lisa you were such a troublemaker in school! LOL!
Love this card, so fun and I really like the chalkboard you made, very clever!