Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Last Chapter... for now

CHAPTER 15: New ideas are SWIRLING...doors are opening...all in our little WONDERLAND...

"'It's no use talking about it,' Alice said, looking up at the house and pretending it was arguing with her. `I'm not going in again yet. I know I should have to get through the looking-glass again -- back into the old room -- and there'd be an end of all my adventures!'


So, resolutely turning back upon the house, she set out once more down the path, determined to keep straight on 'til she got to the hill. For a few minutes all went on well, and she was just saying, `I really shall do it this time -- ' when the path gave a sudden twist and shook itself (as she described it afterwards), and the next moment she found herself actually walking in at the door..."

Hello everyone! There's lots of excitement today as Oh, Alice! enters a new door! There are always twists and turns down Alice's path, and with that, there is good news, and some sad news, but we are all looking forward to the next Chapter in WONDERLAND!

First off, CONGRATS TO LYNNE PHELPS! YOU are the challenge winner and will grace the Oh, Alice! Tea Party for the month of JUNE! It was a seriously TOUGH decision for the Mad Hatter (Jess) to make, but everyone LOVED Lynne's creation and the vote was nearly unanimous! We are very excited and can't wait for next week when Lynne officially gets started!

Today we are also excited to welcome LITTLE PAPER SHOP as this week's challenge sponsor! The very generous Julia has not only let the DT play with this adorably cute ALICE digi stamp, but is offering a $15 Gift Certificate to the Little Paper Shop to one lucky winner this week! We can't thank Julia enough for this fabulous sponsorship and can't wait to see your creations this week. Our Challenge this week is a fun one!


Since there are so many ideas "SWIRLING" around at Oh, Alice! and they can't wait to bring you the next three months worth of challenges, they want to see what YOU have swirling around! The challenge is to USE SWIRLS on your card/project this week. You can use DP, stamps, bling...whatever swirls up your own creativity! You have until Friday, June 4th at 8pm CST to upload your card/creation using Inlinkz in this week's challenge post on Oh, Alice! One random winner will be chosen to WIN the Little Paper Shop gift certificate, to be announced next week on the Oh, Alice! blog! GOOD LUCK and get those ideas swirlin'!

Be sure to stop by the Oh, Alice! blog to see all the WONDERful swirl creations by the awesome design team!

A personal note from me: It is with heartfelt thanks and a bit of sadness that I say farewell to the Oh, Alice! Design Team (aka The Twisted Thirteen). What a truly FUN and memorable ride it's been down the rabbit hole with Jess and these amazing ladies! I will always be grateful to Jess for allowing me to be a part of this awesome challenge... and for the new friends I made during my time there.


Betty, Catherine, Mary, Pam and I are jumping off for now, but there are some amazing ladies jumping on starting in June. I, for one, will be keeping my eye out and playing in as many challenges as I can. I hope you will, too!

And thanks Jess for this awesome certificate! You and I will always be friends... and hopefully see each other again at CHA!!! Hugs and best wishes to you, sweet girl!!!


A note about my card: That amazing DP is Beautiful Blooms by Papertrey Ink (love love love!), paired with Hawaiian Shores cardstock. The brads are by Stampin Up!

Have a BLOOMING good day!

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG CANDY OPPORTUNITY

6 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

She's darling! Love the bright happy colors! :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Super adorable card, Lisa!! Love the color combo!!

Alice said...

so cute!! love the texture! wonderful card, Lisa!

Sammi said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! Love the spots, swirls and colours!!
Will surely miss you lots in Wonderland and look forward to seeing you blogland and back in wonderland sometimes too!?!?
xxx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! I love how you embossed and then added the dp! Brilliant!
You will so be missed! But I look forward to seeing what you will be up to :)
hugs, margie

Jen Shults said...

Oooh, this is really nice Lisa. I love the embossed background. :D