Friday, May 21, 2010

Flower Fairy

Note: this is my second post for today. Please be sure to scroll down for some exciting news!

CHAPTER 14: Gettin' Sketchy in the Golden Afternoon...

"Little bread-and-butterflies kiss the tulips,
and the sun is like a toy balloon.
There are get up in the morning glories,
in the golden afternoon.
There are dizzy daffodils on the hillside,
strings of violets are all in tune,
Tiger lilies love the dandy lions,
in the golden afternoon,
the golden afternoon.
There are dog and caterpillars and a copper centipede,
where the lazy daisies love the very peaceful life they lead... "

Hey everyone! Oh, Alice! has a wonderful Sketch for you today designed by our own Jen Shults! Here's her awesome design:


Our sketch challenge comes with just a small twist this week....

Ok, its HUGE!

ONE PLAYER will be chosen this week based on all of the entries (and we know it's going to be TOUGH!!!) to be our JUNE GUEST TEA PARTY MEMBER for Oh, Alice! That's right! The DT will be feverishly going through your creations to choose next month's Guest Designer, so if you've been wanting to be our Guest at our totally TWISTED Tea Party, now is your chance!

Need some inspiration to get ya going? Check out the samples from our TOTALLY TWISTED Tea Party on the Oh, Alice! blog. Here's my card to start you off:



The contest will be open until THURSDAY May 26th at 11:59 PM CST to enter your creation (please notice the earlier time limit this week so we have time to go over entries, contact the winner, and announce her by our next Challenge on the 28th!). A preliminary note to all-since we know this is going to be a VERY hard decision, please do not be discouraged if your creation isn't chosen as we have plenty of opportunities coming up each month and have tons of fun up our sleeves! We are so thrilled that the blog is going strong and can't wait to see what's next for Oh, Alice!

Please don't forget to upload your creation on the Oh, Alice! Chapter 14 blog post and use keyword OAC14 if you use a public gallery, thanks!

GOOD LUCK everyone!

A note about my card: I love the "story" that goes along with this week's challenge, which reminded me of a spring or summer meadow. And who might you find in such a meadow? Why, a flower fairy, of course! My friend and chief enabler Alice turned me on to Lili of the Valley stamps, and I couldn't resist this sweet image. It seemed perfect for the theme of the sketch challenge, even if it isn't an "Alice in Wonderland" image. I think Alice has fallen asleep somewhere nearby and that's why the flower fairy was brave enough to come out and smell the flowers. (*grin*)


The DP is from the DeLovely collection by Cosmo Cricket. I made the bow by tying two bows together and attaching them to the flat strip. I'll try to do a tutorial soon. This technique works great with organdy ribbon. 


Thanks for stopping by! And to all my friends who must think I've become a snob since I haven't been by to visit or email lately, please bear with me. I've got a lot going on right now, but things should settle down in early June. In the meantime, I'm making the rounds slowly but surely. I see you in my Google Reader even if I don't have time to stop and say hi!

Have a flowery day!

P.S. I'm finally entering a challenge at Flutterby Wednesday, which I've been meaning to do for ages! This card fits the current challenge (#110)... to use flowers with your butterfly, fairy or angel. Yay!

15 comments:

Cheryl Valadez said...

Beautiful card! The details are scrumptious especially that wonderful ribbon!

Sammi said...

This is so sweet Lisa! Gorgeous colours and that image is delightful!
Sammi
xxx

Jackie Thomas said...

totally stunning card Lisa. I just adore this image. hugs xo jackie

Alice said...

love love love the fairy!!! she is the cutest!! super card, Lisa!! =)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is super adorable Lisa, and im loving that gorgeous big pink bow!
Kristy xx

Anonymous said...

Lisa, that is just so sweet! What a precious image. I'm going to try and squeeze in some time to play along!

Peggy said...

I love your fairy!! Beautiful colors and card!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Sue from Oregon said...

what a great card...I so love these LOTV images. That DP is so yummy too!

Tasha said...

Lisa this is beautiful, such fun funky colours and a beautiful image, gorgeous colourwork
love tasha xx

Debbie Pamment said...

Such an AMAZING card - LOVE your colouring and that delicious bow! Beautiful job - as always my dear friend!
And I'd never think you a snob!!!
xXx

Danni said...

This is beautiful!! I just love that ribbon/bow!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge! Made me smile to see your name!

Stamp and Smile said...

Hey girl! LOVIN' these colors... you know how I enjoy bright colors this time of year! Your image it perfect and the DP's are layered so well... you get my mind going with ideas, but no time! LOL... Hope all is going well and Life is being kind to you!! BLESSINGS... :)

Jen Shults said...

Oooh! I love this.. such bright fun colors! And wow does this sketch look a ton better square. :D HUGS!

Brandi said...

Love your card! It is super cute and the colors are so happy! :)