Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Autumn!

Okay, so maybe I'm rushing it just a little bit, but I'm soooo excited that Monday is officially the start of the Fall season. I am a Fall/Winter girl to the max, and these final days of summer have really worn me down. My mojo is at an all time low. Of course, here in So Cal, just because the calendar says it's Fall, doesn't mean the weather is that much cooler. We won't really feel autumn weather until mid-October or so. But, still, I can feel it coming, and so my spirits are already lifting!

I submitted this card for the Papertrey Ink September Guest Star Stamper contest (the link takes you to this month's contest). I love Papertrey Ink stamps, papers, ribbons. style...everything! I was thrilled to be an honorable mention on Nichole's blog. I'm definitely going to keep trying! In fact, I'm anxiously awaiting my September release goodies... due to arrive on Tuesday. I'll get all my chores done this weekend so that I can play when they come!

Recipe:
Stamps:
Papertrey Ink Mailbox Greetings
Paper: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy and Select White cardstock, First Fruits patterned paper
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Copic Markers, and Stampin Up Ruby Red and More Mustard (I stamped the leaves by using the "rock and roll" technique... first inking up with More Mustard, and then inking the edges with Ruby Red and then stamping)
Accessories: Taylored Expressions ribbon

Well, I returned home safely from Atlanta. It was a good conference, as always...nice accommodations, good food (I love grits!), and nice to visit other college campuses (Georgia Tech and the University of Georgia), but I was glad to get home. The boys were on their own for four days, as Paul was also on the road. They did a great job, except not a bit of laundry was done and only a modicum of housecleaning. So I've got tons to do to whip the house into shape. I'll have to organize the troops to help. Ha! Hopefully I'll find some stamping time this weekend. I did manage to color some images on the plane, which helped while away the time... and gave me a "stamping" fix. So stay tuned for more...

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

This is so lovely. I LOVE Fall too, and winter until about Feb-March then I'm ready for Spring. I'm not a hot-weather person I guess. Anyway, this card is so fab. Love the image and all the colorful leaves. GREAT JOB!! =) Good luck with your entries.

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

Good luck with the Guest Star Stamper Contest. This card is certainly a winner. I hope it brings us cooler weather soon!