Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary Helen and Harry!


Some dear friends, Harry and Helen, are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. Yes, 60 years! The coolest thing is that they are going to stay at the same hotel at which they spent their honeymoon. That hotel has since become fairly pricey, but they've invited H&H to come at a discount (I think it should be free), and they will be treated to a nice dinner and such. For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the hotel, but I think it's in the Monterrey area.

Anyway, they are such a nice couple (the parents and in-laws of very close friends) and I wish them many more wonderful years together. The Verve Anniversary Birds set had the perfect sentiment: "Together, the perfect way to spend a lifetime." Amen!

The two birds were stamped in Night of Navy craft ink and then embossed with clear powder to make them stand out a bit more. I popped them up with Dimensionals. I couldn't resist some fun fur for the "ribbon" because it reminds me of bird feathers. I'm also loving the new Stampin Up filigree brads... and the scallop edge punch. Must haves!

Recipe:
Stamps:
Verve Anniversary Birds
Paper: SU Creamy Caramel,Night of Navy and Natural Ivory cardstock, K&Company DP
Ink: Night of Navy Craft Ink, Creamy Caramel and Night of Navy Classic Ink pads
Accessories: Misc heart charm, fun fur, SU Filigree brads, SU corner punch and scallop edge punch

Well, I'm on my way to Atlanta tomorrow for a conference (work related). I'll be back on Wednesday night. I probably won't have a chance to post anything new for about a week, but I'll be back! Maybe I'll have a picture or two to share of Atlanta. While it is a conference, we always get a bit of free time and a couple of special tours. I've signed up for The World of Coca Cola tour. Why not? It's an American tradition! Besides, maybe I can get some Christmas shopping done for my son Collin and brother-in-law Gary... both huge Coke fans.

I've decided to take Marianne Walker's advice and take some stamped images and my Copic markers along for something to do on the plane or in the hotel room... try to practice some of the things I'm trying to learn from her blog! At least that way I won't go through stamping withdrawals. {LOL}

I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to pack my bags...

No comments: