Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thank You Cards


I had such a wonderful week off from work, spending time with my sisters and niece, who flew out from Florida and Mississippi to attend my college graduation. First, let me say, it was hotter than hot out here in So Cal this week (and still is)... in the 100's! Yikes! We all about died of heat stroke at the graduation ceremonies, but we got through it. It was okay for me. Not as thrilling as I thought it might be... but, like I said before, I think it was a little anticlimatic. Also, let's face it, I am not 22 years old and I wasn't finishing college in the traditional way, celebrating the end of an era with my college friends, like the kids who graduated with me. But I am very proud to have met that long-time goal, and I am so grateful to my friends and family who celebrated this achievement with me. Not to mention, I got some awesome gifts! Which is why I've spent all my spare time these past couple of days making thank you cards!

Here are two to share with you. I inked up my Honey Bees set by Papertrey Ink, and used some of the Bitty Baby Blessings DP. I'm just sorry that my photos didn't turn out as well as I thought they would. I must keep experimenting until I find the right spot and right camera settings for photos of my cards because they honestly do look MUCH better in person. I'm definitely doing something wrong in the picture-taking department.

I used faux stitching on the card above to mimic the stitching in the ribbon. Both cards are based on one of Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketches.

Recipe:

Paper: Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise and Spring Moss cardstock, Bitty Blessings Designer Paper

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Honey Bees

Ink: Papertrey Ink Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise; Stampin Up! Basic Brown and Basic Black

Accessories: Papertrey Ink ribbon

I've got more to show you tomorrow, so come on back!

No comments: