Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Jo!

Today is my mother-in-law's 80th birthday. Happy Birthday Jo aka Mom aka Nana! I truly lucked out in the in-law department. Paul's folks have always been good to us... and to me. Jo and I are very different, but she's used to me by now. LOL! She was just here for my graduation. She still lives in Arizona, but one day we will move her closer to us.

This card started out as an attempt at Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #20, but I ended up turning it on its side and centering my layers. In my quest to find a flower that resembled the one in the paper, I pulled out a set that I've never even touched in however many years I've owned it, Pollen Dust by Fancy Pants Designs. I think I'm going to embark on a quest to use every stamp that I've ever bought. Wouldn't that be something!

After stamping the flower image on the paper and cutting it out, something compelled me to run over it with my Lots of Dots jumbo wheel. That wheel is pretty cool. Then I added Dew Drops to the center. Not much else was needed with this Basic Grey Infuse paper.

Recipe:

Paper: Basic Grey Infuse Designer Paper, Stampin Up Chocolate Chip cardstock

Stamps: Fancy Pants Designs Pollen Dust, Stampin Up Lots of Dots jumbo wheel, greeting is by Papertrey Ink

Ink: Stampin Up Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Stampin Up Chocolate Chip twill ribbon, Dew Drops

I'm off for some fun in the sun. Hopefully, I'll have something to post this weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: