Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday from Cupcake Ruby!

Oh dear, I'm running late with this post, so it will be short and sweet! It's time for another fun challenge at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps!

It's a gorgeous inspiration piece, isn't it? I decided to try the letterpress technique... I inked up one side of the embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. The color is a little uneven, but I think it gives it a cool vintage-y look. Cupcake Ruby was just perfect for all this red, so here she is, with a birthday cupcake just for you!

The DP and ink are the retired Ruby Red from Stampin Up. I kept mine because I LOVE this color. I hate that it's retired now. I'll be bummed when I run out of cardstock. The embossing folder is part of the Plaid & Snowflakes set by Basic Grey for Sizzix. The vertical greeting is the must-have stamp set called So Random Sentiments by Claudia & Company.  Seems like I always need a vertical greeting! The gorgeous rose and leaves are by Prima.

I hope you join us this week for the challenge! You may be the lucky winner of one of my favorite SCRS stamps, Elf Oliver! Be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the design team have created for your viewing pleasure and inspiration!

and Sparkle herself!


I hope you all have a fabulous day! I'll be spending the day at Julie's for the monthly Paisleys and Polka Dots crafting day. Such fun and such gorgeous books we make!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Too cute!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card! I just love Ruby in red!

Alice said...

this is so pretty, Lisa. LOVE the pretty reds!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Lisa! Your coloring is just fabulous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! What a SUPER take on that inspiration piece-WOW!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cupcake Ruby is darling Lisa! Love that scrumptious looking cupcake!

Anonymous said...

I love this card Lisa, and appreciate the detailed instructions. Great creating!