Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!


Note: this is my SECOND post for today. Please scroll down for my post for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

November 9th is the second birthday of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and we are kicking off the celebration with a blog hop to showcase the debut of the Sunbeams!

I gave you a sneak peek of Caitlyn (with the birthday cake) in my October 25th post. My card today showcases Owen. You can just feel his delight as he rips open his birthday presents. I can totally relate! (The sentiment is from Birthday Buddies.)

My card also follows this week's sketch challenge at The Sweet Stop. I don't make long cards very often, but always find it fun when I do! I made sure this would fit into a standard envelope, so it's 4 x 9. Why don't you come along and play with us this week? You can use any stamps you want!





Be sure to hop around and visit the rest of the Design Team to see more Sunbeam goodness!

Ceal Pritchett
Chris Dickinson
Janette Olen
Korin Sutherland
Leah Cornelius
Lorie Souther
Nancy Brown
Sandy Domelle
Teresa Kline

And then be sure to visit the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps store to see a slide show of more awesome samples of the Sunbeams, and preorder your very own set! Only $20 for all four! Yowsers!

I'm also very proud and happy to announce that effective today, I am officially a Sr Design Team member for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. Woo hoo!!!

Thanks so much for hopping by. I hope you have a sunbeamy day!

20 comments:

Sandy said...

He is a real sweetie! I love the papers you chose and you colored him so pefectly! Awesome card!

Teresa Kline said...

well first off I adore green so this color is amazing, your coloring is as well...great job Lisa!

enjoy *~*

Teresa Kline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Hjulberg said...

Woops, I was trying to delete the duplicate comment Teresa made, but now it seems like I was trying to censor her. Not true! I'm just a blogging dork!

MiamiKel said...

Lisa, you are far from a *dork* hun :) We are all learning and I am certainly learning quite a bit from your blog - it's always so full of beauty and blessing! I love the two colors together- I use them so often as they just seem to shine! Wonderfully done!! TFS!

Chrissy D said...

ADORABLE Card, Lisa. Love how you used the sketch too! TFS!

Nicole said...

Hey girlie, your sunbeams card is WONDERFUL, I am Sooooooooo bad at using vibrant colors like red, orange or green, this is gorgeous! I am really enjoying this hop and your take on the sketch is SUPAH DUPAH!! hugs, Nicole!

NinaB said...

Another beautiful card. That is a great take on the sketch. I like the DPs you used with that wonderfully colored image.

Ceal said...

cute card These sunbeams are such cuties

Lorie said...

WOW, Lisa! This card is fabulous!! The colors, papers, coloring, EVERYTHING is perfect! I LOVE it!!

Great job, my friend!
Love ya!
Lorie

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh love your tall card, super job.

Leah said...

Such a fun card Lisa, love the long shape and your colors:)

Kathy W. said...

Great card Lisa. I love all these images:)

Melanie said...

What a great sketch!!! Love this card and the images are precious. Happy B-day!

Nancy said...

Oh My Lisa,
This card is just the cutest.
Love the colors you used.

Debbie Pamment said...

ooooh green - one of my favourite colours!!! And what a fabulous card to show off this gorgeous image - your colouring just keeps getting better and better!
mwah mwah

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Hello, dear Lisa! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 9 years and Liliya is 3 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. May I ask if you can send some stamps for our club?
Nika
--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory

Kristine said...

Good Monday Morning Lisa! Sorry I didn't get in on this blog hop yesterday--I had internet problems all day and was too frustrating so I gave up. Love your card and love these cute Sunbeams stamps :) I even LOVE this sketch this week--I'll definately participate in this one. Hope you had a wonderful weekend?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love the green, Lisa! Beautiful coloring -- Owen looks fantastic!

Lee said...

Ohhh how cute!!!! I love the long and lean design!!!