Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thinking of You

Blessings to you on this beautiful Sunday! Something that makes Sundays even more special to me these days is that it's time for a new challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! That challenge blog is such a blessing. I received an email this week from someone who said that after visiting the SSCC blog and then my blog, she was inspired to pick up her Bible again. Praise the Lord!

The scripture this week is one of my favorites: Psalm 19:14: Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight Oh, Lord, my strength and my redeemer. The challenge is to make a "thinking of you" or a "praying for you" card.

As I said on the SSCC blog, I keep a copy of this scripture by my computer at work. I do it as a reminder to not gossip or say or think unkind things about other people. I've been the target of that very thing and it's so painful. I don't want to be guilty of doing the same to others. But I so often fail. It's too easy to slip up and join the crowd, isn't it? But we must keep starting over and over and over again until we get it right. It's just too important not to!

Of course, this scripture means so much more. But suffice it to say that positive thoughts bring peace. Focusing on the word of God brings peace. It's a win-win, my friends!

My card is a bit of a departure from my usual style. I've long been a fan of Melissa Phillips. Not only is she one of the most talented and creative papercraft artists out there, she has the sweetest and most poetic soul. I enjoy reading her blog as much as I enjoy seeing her lovely creations.

I stepped out on a limb and tried to emulate Melissa's style with my card. I CASED one of her cards in this post. I'm trying to discover her secret. I'll let you know when I figure it out! But I do know I'm very happy with my card.

The stamps I used are by Close to My Heart, which I bought from my friend Nancy Brown, who is just the sweetest person and another very talented artist. Nancy is a CTMH consultant, so if you need anything, she's your gal! She even has a blog devoted just to CTMH. The stamp set is called Childhood Portraits. I haven't even scratched the surface of its many sweet images!

The DP and little Bingo card are by Websters Pages. Did you know Websters Pages now offers 6 x 6 versions of their awesome papers? In true Melissa tradition, I sprayed my chipboard butterfly with Glimmer Mist and then "sugar coated" it with fine glitter.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day. Paul and I are going to join some friends for the gospel brunch at The House of Blues in Downtown Disney this afternoon. Should be fun!

7 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Aaaaaw Lisa - this is amazing my friend! Your usual style is always fabulous but to go outside of your comfort zone and do it soooooo well - WOW.
Your #1 DownUnder fan - xXx

Cindy Haffner said...

I love this Lisa, it's GORGEOUS!!

Cat said...

What a beautiful card! It has a 50's look that I just love! (Must be the Bingo card!) LOL

Kristine said...

WOW!! This is so different from your usual style Lisa... I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your "comfort zone" and trying something new. It really WORKS FOR YOU!! This is so wonderful--I love to see all the different elements. Love your crumpled flower too (oh, I'm sure there's a much better name for it... sorry, just can't think of it--vintage maybe??) LOL! Anyway, love all of it. And I love you--as a dear friend and sister in Christ! You are a blessing in my life. Thanks for being your wonderful self! =0) x♥x

Kristine said...

P.S.
I'm teaching the 10 commandments today to the children at church and the last one is do not be jealous of the things your neighbor has... so maybe I'm breaking a commandment cause I'd sure like to be in downtown DISNEY for brunch today! LOL - well, not so much I'm willing to fight you over it or anything *wink* - HAVE FUN!!

Patti J. said...

I can't say it any better than Kristine did! (Even the 'crumpled flower' part!) Love your card dear friend! I've got a few of those little "Bingo" type things and haven't known really what to put them one - now you've inspired me! Maybe I'll CASE you!!! Big hugs - happy Sunday - enjoy your day with DH!

Nancy said...

OH LISA!!!!

This card is drop dead gorgeous!!!
Love what you did with the Childhood Portraits stamp set.

WOW, so much detail.