Monday, September 28, 2009

Ladybug Betty

I've always been a huge fan of Pink Cat Studio. Melissa draws the cutest images of Lily and Billy and cats and fairies and... the list goes on! Now she's opened the Pink Cat Studio Digi Stamps store, with all new characters that are just too cute for words! I LOVE digi stamps. It's instant gratification. Plus, they work great with Copics, my favorite coloring medium... and with watercolors, my other favorite way to color images. You just need to make sure you print on watercolor paper if you're going to watercolor, and it's always a good idea to heat set the ink before you get started.

Melissa has a great tutorial on using digi images that you might want to check out if you're new to working with digi stamps.

I'm also loving Cindy's sketches at Crazy 4 Challenges, and had to play again this week. The sketch was perfect for this sweet image of Itty Bitty Betty - Ladybug. (BTW, if you buy this digi image, you get Itty Bitty Betty - Ladybug w/the pumpkin candy basket as a bonus!)

The DP and brad are by Doodlebug Designs. For some reason, this paper makes me want to pull out my Janome Sew Mini and stitch! Betty is colored with my Copics, and I added a bit of sparkle here and there with my atYou Spica pens. I love how the background paper sparkles with glitter, too. I say you can't have too much sparkle!

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. I hope you have a very sparkly day!

9 comments:

StampOwl said...

oh this is adorable Lisa

Betty Wright said...

Lisa, this is so super precious and so beautifully done!!! Lovely card!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lisa awesome job on the sketch, so cute!!

Maria Matter said...

oh, this is just too adorable! I'm thrilled these images are available in digis now....fabulous job Lisa!!!
blessings, Maria

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable!!!

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW'za Lisa! You sure know how to work the Doodlebug DP! So cheery like "you" and sure to warm the heart of the receiver... :) You color the images in so nicely and PERFECTLY!

The stitching ROCKS! SMILES... and big hugs! :)

Patti J. said...

What a cutie patootie! I love this little gal! Great choice of DP, and as usual, fabulous coloring!!! Someone will be very blessed to receive this!

Kristine said...

:) SUper cute Lisa! I really love the Lily and Billy stamps too. LOVE this DP. Great card!! :)

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, this is SOOOOO cute! Your mix of papers is PERFECT!!!

Vicki