Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another The Greeting Farm Cutie!!!

Edited to add: I took a new picture of this card in the daylight because the one I posted previously at night just did not do it justice. Of course, it still looks better IRL, but you have to blame the photographer (little ole me) for that!

Just a quick post this afternoon. I can't believe the day... and the weekend... are nearly gone. Can I have a do-over?

This past Thursday night, I tried the challenges during The Greeting Farm's Virtual Stamping Luau for their May release. One of the challenges was to make a monochromatic card, and here's what I came up with:

I absolutely love how this turned out! I colored Reeta (one of the new TGF Wild Sprouts) with Copic Markers T0, T1, T4 and T6. I used my Signo white gel pen for the polka dots in her hair bow. The card base is Gina K's Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight black onyx (there was a sample in the Floral Frenzy Kit, and I must say that I LOVE her base weight cardstocks). The DP is Black and White Basics by Papertrey Ink. The ribbon is from Taylored Expressions. I guess you could say that I pulled out all the heavy artillery on this one! LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today. I love when you visit and leave comments so that I can get to know you! Have a good rest of the weekend and remember... if we lived our lives by weekends, we'd only have 52 in a year, so enjoy your week!

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

How cute is this Lisa, just darling. So glad you got your new Stamps and Smiles stamps. Have fun. Hugs Cindy xxoo

LORi said...

Oh My Gosh...This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
LOVE it LISA!!!

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

What a cool look! I absolutely love it.

By the way, thanks for posting the tutorial on coloring faces with Copic Markers. This was really helpful.

See you soon Lisa.

Susan

Stamp and Smile said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOOW!! Such a cool Mono card... LOVE your double layer of Nesties, YUMMY ribbon and the buttons ROCKS! I love black and white cards... SO ELEGANT! The weekend did FLY by and not sure where it went!?

You sure been having HEAT in California... Tomorrow we may hit 80! The lawn just had its first cutting this week... I bet your yard is luscious and the flowers are looking gorgeous! Off to bed I go, my PJ's are looking for me! He... Hugs! Michelle :)

Heather Schlatter said...

This is gorgeous Lisa,

I was totally stunned by the coloring and the black and white!!! AMAZING!!! I love this!!!

Heather

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Lisa that ribbon and DP are just stunning together - they make a perfect backdrop for your gorgeous Anya - she must be one of your new ones - haven't seen this one!! Love her puddy cat too...
xXx

Kristine said...

Great card Lisa!! :) LOVE this sweet image, and you can never go wrong with THIS color combo. Now Yoyo yellow and grey?.... Don't think so! LOL. That was one color challenge on SCS--YUCK! There were a few cute ones out of the bunch though.

I agree....weekends are great, but we need to enjoy every day to the fullest. Have a super week!! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling! Love it in black and white! Weekends are too short....

Vicki G said...

Very cool card Lisa~! After taking a little hiatus from blog hopping, it's nice to be back to see what you've been up to!

Hugs

Vicki

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so so darling I love black and white. super Duper job.