Thursday, April 16, 2009

Never Judge a Book by its Cover!

If you haven't already seen it, you must take a look at this clip on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY. (YouTube won't allow you to embed the video, so you have to go the link to see it.) All I can say is it brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it.

I happen to LOVE Les Miserable... I had the privilege of seeing the stage production in Los Angeles years ago... and I have the soundtrack AND a video of the London stage performance. The reason I love it so much is the music, and the song Susan sings is one of my favorites.

But the truly wonderful thing about this clip is the message behind it, and that is you can't judge a book by its cover. Outward beauty doesn't hold a candle to inner beauty and talent. And it is never too late to pursue your dreams.


3 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Have seen this before but is always stuns. This clip brings you to tears doesn't it - that voice AND that personality - where has she been?!?!?!
Another thing in common - I'm a big Les Mis fan too - have the LP - got it in the old days of vinyl - LOL. She nailed this song, a fave of mine too....
BTW - have some Anya's on order - shhhhh - LOL
Big Hugs and xXx

Stamp and Smile said...

Hey Lisa... Thanks for the inspiring info! I'll have to check it out... You always find the sweetest, kindness and positives in everything... and that's what I like about you! (and many other special gifts... :)

The weekend is just about here!! Enjoy some scrapbooking time on Friday night! Chat more soon... SMILES!! :)

tigerlily55 said...

I've already seen the video elsewhere and it is wonderful to watch.

I love having that London stage performance to watch! I {heart} Michael Ball, lol!