Saturday, August 30, 2008

Stamp Club Project Part 1


Where did this week go? We all ask this question, don't we? It's been kind of a strange week for me, but I won't go into it too much, except to say that, like everyone else, it's back to school for my kids, and the weather is hot, which makes me sluggish. I'm glad this is a 3-day weekend... and that I have a/c.

Wednesday night was Stamp Club night. This is one of the two projects we did. I found the "seersucker" technique on SCS and had to give it a try. I must say, I love it and so did my girls! All you do is run the paper through your crimper, first in one direction and then turn it sideways and do it again... after you've done your stamping. I also used that technique on the background DP, which makes it look like gingham, don't you think?

The flower was stamped twice on shimmery white cardstock and then cut out... first the entire flower, and then just the center, and then both parts were mounted with Dimensionals. I got the idea for mounting the hummingbird inside a styled silver HPH label holder from the Fall/Winter Preview brochure that was sent to customers... there's a card in there with a butterfly mounted inside the frame. Cute! Mine doesn't show it, but the girls also stamped their hummer on shimmery white cardstock, painted it in with an aqua painter and ink from the lid of the Baja Breeze ink pad, cut out and then mounted with a dimensional. I used Real Red brads instead of silver for a little extra pop. And, finally, I couldn't resist giving the girls a chance to use the new scalloped edge punch. I think every person bought one! Good decision!

Recipe:
Stamps:
Stampin Up Pretty Amazing
Paper: Stampin Up Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Shimmery White and Whisper White cardstock; Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze
Accessories: Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Real Red brads, crimper, scalloped edge punch

I'll be back later with the second project. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so pretty, Lisa! Love the color combo~

Anonymous said...

Love this card and the colors! I would have never thought to run the paper through the crimper in both directions -- such a neat background, especially for summer cards! Kind of makes it hard to believe summer is "over", according to the calendar...