Sunday, June 8, 2008

Finally!

Have you missed me? It was Another One of Those Weeks, and I didn't get to stamp much. Although I was a little late in sending them, I did manage to finish making a set of cards for my step-grandmother-in-law, who turned 98 on June 1st. Wow! I told her that I want a little of her blood transfused into mine because hers must be the fountain of youth. She still lives on her own, doesn't wear glasses or hearing aids, and has no chronic illnesses. She just has to use a walker, that's it! She is also the dearest person. And she makes the most incredible yeast rolls and bread. Happy Birthday again Grandma E!

Here are samples of the three designs of cards I made for her; 4 each of 3 designs, although each of the 4 has a different greeting to give her lots of variety.



You can click on the picture to see more detail. I managed to get pretty good pictures of two of the cards:


As with my other gift box trio, All of these cards were inspired by one that I saw on Michelle Wooderson's blog. I tell you, that girl is so talented. I love her style so much. I wish I had half of her creativity and eye for color. Remember, I'm a left-brained person, so I am soooo envious of right-brained people. Laurie Schmidlin is my other hero, no doubt about it. I want to be Laurie when I grow up! LOL

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good shot of the one with the butterflies... it was too washed out when I finally uploaded it, and I've already mailed them off to Grandma. Anyway, I encourage you to make sets of cards for gifts. It's really easy to do when you follow a theme, and they are truly special gifts that others love to receive.

Recipe:

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics, Green Thumb, Butterfly Kisses, Garden of Life

Paper: Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White Card Set, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss

Ink: Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Stampin Up Basic Black

Ribbon: Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush Luxe Satin Ribbon, Berry Sorbet Topnotch Twill, Spring Moss Swiss Dot Satin

I have more to share with you tomorrow, so be sure to check back. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Susan (coffeeforme) said...

Beautiful cards Lisa and what a thoughtful gift. Happy Birthday to Grandma E.