Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blessings

A blessed third Sunday of Easter to you! This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Our challenge hostess this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is Sabrina Jackson. Sabrina chose as her inspiration scripture Ecclesiastes 3:11a, "He has made everything beautiful in its time." Her challenge is to make a card and put all things "beautiful" on it (such as flowers, pearls, bling, butterflies, birds, lace, etc.). I hope you'll stop by the SSIC blog to read Sabrina's devotional and to see all the beautiful cards created by our design team. Your visit is sure to be a blessing!

When I think of beautiful things, I think of the cards Sarah Martina Parker makes. And what do you know, she is the muse this month at CASE Study Challenge! So I had to play. :)

For my main image, I chose the beautiful flower bouquet in the To You stamp set by Penny Black, which is available at Simon Says Stamp, our challenge sponsor this week. (Thank you Kathy for your kind gift of this gorgeous stamp set!) I heat embossed the image in white and then traced around the edges of the die shape with a Sharpie white poster paint pen. The patterned paper is by Websters Pages. I created the greeting myself because I plan to give this card to someone who has been a blessing to me. ;)

Today's inspiration scripture comes from the third chapter of Ecclesiastes, which is familiar to most of us... "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What does the worker gain from his toll? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:1-11a (NIV)

Life is a study in contrasts, isn't it?  Things can change on a dime... in one brief moment. Just ask the good people of Japan. Just ask the good people in the south whose homes and lives were ravaged by the recent tornadoes. Ask the person who just received news that they have cancer, or that a loved one has died.

But think also of the people who are holding a new baby in their arms. Of the person who is given the good news that treatment has been successful and they are cured of disease. Of the joy in the hearts of those whose prayers are answered in the way they had hoped.

Peace comes from knowing that God has a plan for our lives... for your life... and that these ups and downs... these seasons... come and go. During the valleys you can rest in the knowledge that this is but a brief moment in eternity, that the real reward is the kingdom of God, which is promised to each and every one of us. During the peaks, you can thank God for your blessings. Actually, we should thank God even in the valleys, when it doesn't feel as though we are being blessed, because in the fullness of time, we will find that we were.

"He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11b (NIV)

Have faith my friends, in the valleys as well as on the peaks. God's plan is perfect. He has/will make everything beautiful in its time.

God's blessings to you.

19 comments:

Miesje said...

Oh Lisa, I love that card! The beautiful paper and white on kraft paper is perfect! Great sentiment too. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and week.

Becky said...

Beautiful card Lisa and wonderful insight on this verse this morning.
Happy Mothers Day

Wendy M said...

Beautiful devotional Lisa and your card is (as always) stunning xx

Kristine said...

WOWIE, your card is spectacuar! Indeed it has "all things beautiful" on it. And it looks just like your inspirational CASE photo Lisa! WOW, love everything about it. Can't even tell ya how long it's been since I've embossed anything (with the heat gun)--years prolly! I think my powders are prolly all yellowed if that's possible, LOL! Anyway, gorgeous creaiton.

♥HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY♥

Grace said...

WOW oh WOW Lisa!!!! I LOVE this!!! I love this style and you really pulled off this care beautifully!!! You just can't go wrong with Websters or craft embossed with white! Gorgeous in every way!!! I really appreciated reading your thoughts on the passage today too! The verse really does need the rest of the verses around it and I love that you shared them here! Happy Mother's Day to you my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Danni said...

Gorgeous card and such a wonderful post! Enjoy your day!

Kim Y. said...

Wow, Lisa! This is so beautiful! I love love this so much! Happy Mother's Day, my friend! Enjoy your day!

Peggysuez said...

This is absolutely lovely, all the different elements! And I loved the word you shared, so true, it can change in an instant but God is in control.
Wishing you a happy Mother's Day and a blessed week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is truly gorgeous card Lisa!! I just love your designer paper, the white on kraft and all your flower ribbon detail. Happy Mother's Day!!!
hugs,
Chris

Cristina said...

You're right - Sarah does create beautiful things, but YOU have made something equally gorgeous with this. A magnificent CASE! Thanks so much for playing along with us.

Andrea Ewen said...

What a beautifully vintage card, Lisa...it's just gorgeous! The kraft really compliments the floral images and embellishments! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm so glad to see you playing with our challenge, Lisa! Your cards is absolutely gorgeous!

Victoria said...

Lisa, your card really is wonderful. A beautiful study of Sarahs card. Reading your blog a little bit was a pleasurable experience too! Congrats to you!

MariLynn said...

Gorgeous job with your card! It is exquisite. I love your insights too! Have a blessed week!!

Jean Martin said...

Congrats on your win Lisa!!! :) Luv, luv, luv your card!

Lea L. said...

This is really beautiful! I love the soft colors you've used, and the wonderful cluster of flowers & such! Congrats on winning the challenge!

lynn said...

congrats, lisa, on your case study study win:) such a gorgeous card!

Sarah Martina said...

I believe Cristina used the word "magnificent" and I couldn't agree more. :) I'm HONORED to have been CASED by you. :)

And thank you for the words of wisdom and reflection... I kept saying as I read, "Gosh I wish I would've seen this long before now...," but lest we not forget... God's timing is perfect timing. And this is just what I need RIGHT NOW. Hugs!!!

HockeyScrap said...

Congratulations. Beautiful card!