Friday, August 8, 2008

Three Final Belated Dare to Get Dirty 08 Challenge Cards

I have three more cards to share that I made for the DTGD08 Challenge on SCS but never had a chance to post on time because my computer got sick. forum smileys

This first card tackled three challenges: Jen's Sketch, Taylor's Cupcake, and Carole's Colors. Yes, Carole is the reason this is such a bright card! Her challenge was to use Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow and Brilliant Blue. Admittedly, these are colors I rarely use together (maybe never?), but it is bright and cheerful and would be a fun card for a child's birthday, don't you think?

I also love the sketch and will try this one again. Note that I embossed the two red panels with my Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" embossing folder. The ribbon was a scrap I had left over from something else. I couldn't help but add a bit of fun fur for some extra punch.

And, finally, I always love Taylor's cupcake challenges, and cupcakes rock, so I was happy to pull out my Hero Arts set and color it to match the card. I used Crystal Effects to make the cherry shine.

Recipe:

Stamps: Hero Arts
Paper: Stampin Up Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Ink: SU Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, YoYo Yellow, Real Red, Garden Green markers
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder, misc ribbon, fun fur, slit punch, Crystal Effects

This card was in response to Lauren's challenge to make a monochromatic card. Blue Bayou and Soft Sky look lovely together... I'm going to miss these colors (when I run out of my stash, that is, hee hee), so I went with that combination. I think I found the sketch on Julee Tilman's site... a variation on a Mojo sketch. For a little extra bling (which I LOVE), I added a Dew Drop to the flower and a little dragonfly charm to the ribbon.

Recipe:

Stamps: Stampin Up Dreams du Jour
Paper: SU Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock; SU Porcelain Prints DSP
Ink: Blue Bayou
Accessories: Blue Bayou and Soft Sky striped grosgrain ribbon, Dew Drop, misc charm

Finally, this card tackled two challenges (almost three): a sketch by Holly, and to Stamp Simply by Sharon. There was another challenge to use Black and Pink, but you were supposed to also include faux stitching, so mine doesn't qualify.

I embossed the pink panel with my Cuttlebug embossing folder. The black and white striped panel was made
with my Cornish Heritage Farms Broad Stripe backgrounder stamp. I didn't do such a hot job of inking the stamp, so it turned out looking a bit "weathered."

Recipe:

Stamps: Stampin Up Both Ways Blossoms, Cornish Heritage Farms Broad Stripe
Paper: SU Regal Rose, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose and Garden Green
Accessories: Dew Drops, Cuttlebug embossing folder

Thus ends my DTGD08 Challenge cards. I wish I'd had time to do them all and post on time. But it was certainly a lot of fun to try.

Tomorrow I will post my Blog Candy, so be sure to check in. Bye for now!


2 comments:

Susan said...

Lisa - All three of these cards are wonderful. The colors and layout on the cupcake card are spectacular.

JenMarie said...

These are all fab but I'm luvin' that yummy cupcake card!